- Full Time
IMPORTANT - HGV drivers must have driven a refuse vehicle or 32 tonne hook lift - this is essential and any application without this experience will not be considered.
Hours are 37 hours per week Thursday to Monday
What is the purpose of this role?
To collect refuse/recycling and dispose of refuse in designated receptacles.
What makes this role unique?
You will maintain the best operational relationship between the public, other customers and client representatives, by dealing courteously with complaints and enquiries.
What will this role involve?
* Collect refuse/recycling from requested locations and dispose of at the appropriate waste collection sites
* Carry out daily vehicle inspections and complete appropriate paperwork
* Drive / load as directed
* Operate the compaction controls of a company vehicle when required
* Operate the 'in cab device'
* Ensure that were premises, gates, barriers are unlocked to gain access and they are relocked, paying particular attention to the safeguarding of keys
* Cleaning rubbish irresponsibly dumped (i.e. fly tipped)
* Carry out and assist with Loading responsibilities as required
* Work as a member of a team and receive any instructions from Supervisors and communicate them to other crew members
* Ensure paperwork is completed fully and passed to relevant Supervisor
* Ensure the satisfactory completion of work in accordance with instructions
* Ensure compliance with both company vehicle policy and all legislative requirements
* Be compliant with Health and Safety at work requirements
* Give advice, guidance and assistance to new or inexperienced staff
* Carry out any reasonable task or other duties and responsibilities as may be required
* At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties with regard to the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy
What are we looking for?
* Driver CPC Qualification
* Basic literacy skills
* Driving Experience
* Full Category C Driving Licence
* Previous experience in customer services and customer care skills
* Administrative skills
* Maintaining level of service in all weather conditions
* Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort
* Experience of using a Digital Tachograph Card
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Flexible approach to hours of work
* Technical competencies
* Health and Safety awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
* Manual handling
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.