Service Support Engineer - ICT
- Full Time
Post Title: Service Support Engineer
Responsible to: Service Support Manager
Salary Grade: Grade 5
Location: Any location supported by City of Wolverhampton Council ICT
Job Purpose and Role
The post holder will form part of the Service Support Team with responsibility for maintaining and supporting CoWC equipment, software and services by providing 1st and 2nd line support to all customers.
* Provide first and second line ICT support (Service and Incident Management)
* Ensure the ICT service meets the needs of the Business Users (Change Management)
* Ensure that equipment and services are fit for purpose (Supplier Management)
* Ensure that Incident trends are monitored, reported and resolved (Problem Management)
* Assist the Service Support Manager on the implementation of ICT projects (Project Management)
* Assist with Engaging customers in specifying requirements (Process Improvement)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* To be a point of contact and to provide advice and support on all ICT systems that CoWC support. Including Desktop, Laptop/Tablet, Mobile, Telephone, Audio & Visual
* Making sure that customers have the equipment, software and services they require and that it is working correctly.
* To provide VIP's such as Councillors and Senior Executive Officers with a personal and exceptional customer focussed ICT support at all times.
* Keep all internal ICT systems up to date; e.g. ICT Assets and Licences, Service Catalogue.
* To assist with trend analysis of ICT support stats and escalate problems to the Service Support Manager.
* To assist in Route Cause Analysis to identify and resolve identified Problems.
* Assist in the implementation and support of ICT, Communications and AV technology.
* Assist with the planning and delivery of ICT training and product demonstrations / workshops where required.
* Monitor progress of request and problems, providing the customer with feedback and updated information regarding the progress of the job.
* Assist ICT Service Desk where required to provide 1st line support to customers
* Assist in the promotion of best practice of ICT policies and procedures.
* Ability to drive a works vehicles to support our external customers.
* To act in accordance with the Council's Constitution and other Codes of Conduct.
* To participate in staff development, appraisal and training as appropriate, including continuous professional development.
* To comply with the Council's agreed policies and procedures including but not limited to Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunities Policies, the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations and other relevant Council and Government Regulations, Directives and City-wide priorities.
* To undertake any other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed and appropriate to the grade and role of the post subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as incorporated into the Equality Act 2010.
* To participate in the wider development of the service and contribute to service improvement as required.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.