- Full Time
To be responsible for assisting the Estate Manager in undertaking the management,
acquisition and disposal of land and property.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in preparing, implementing and maintaining work programmes to ensure
compliance with performance management and other targets including targets set in
the Council's Medium Term Financial Strategy.
2. Assist in the management, acquisition and disposal of land in a cost effective manner,
generating the best level of income and capital.
3. Prepare valuations for approval and subsequently undertake marketing and/or
negotiations for new lettings, renewal of leases and tenancies, rent reviews,
acquisition and disposal of land and premises, and settlement of compensation
4. Prepare as appropriate for approval valuations, appraisals, compensation and other
reports relating to land and premises.
5. Prepare for approval reports in respect of negotiations carried out and to attend
Cabinet Team as necessary.
6. Assist in the management of a portfolio of commercial properties for the Council as
landlord, including marketing, establishing lettings, providing liaison with tenants,
ensuring sound estate management; setting, review and collection of rents and service
charges, recovery of debts in liaison with the Council's Debt management Team and
minimisation and management of voids all to provide an acceptable rate of return and
to achieve income targets in accordance with the Council's Medium Term Financial
7. Assist in preparing cases for County Court, Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiries or
for other Council action as appropriate. The degree of involvement in this area of work may
entail giving evidence if the postholder is appropriately qualified.
8. Liaise with other Council Service Groups as appropriate according to work being
undertaken and to process, by computer, details agreed on new lettings, lease
renewals, rent reviews, acquisitions and disposals.
9. Assist in the development of asset management priorities in accordance with national
and corporate good practice guidelines.
10. Maintain up-to-date knowledge relating to legislation and case law and the Council's
Constitution affecting property transactions and to ensure all work is in accordance
with the Council's governance arrangements and all statutory and professional
11. Contribute to the overall improvement and development of the Division to develop and
enhance service relationships with its client base.
12. Provide reports to members and other customers of the service and promote high
standards with consistency in their preparation and presentation.
14. Participate in staff development, appraisal and training as appropriate, including
continuous professional development.
15. Comply with the Council's agreed policies and procedures including but not limited to
Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunities Policies, the Data Protection Act,
Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations and other relevant
Council and Government Regulations, Directives and City wide priorities.
Please apply online or email your CV to email@example.com
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.