Project Liaison Officer
- Full Time
inspect and ensure that works carried out on the public highways are all safe and in
compliance with the New Roads and Street Works Act (1991), Traffic Management
Act (2004), Highways Act (1980), City of Wolverhampton Permit Scheme and all
other relevant legislation.
To also work collaboratively with other Project Teams to ensure the regulation and
co-ordination of all activities on the highway are monitored.
1. Liaising between City of Wolverhampton Council (CWC) Street works team and Comex2000 Street works team
2. Liaising between CWC planning/conservation and parks team and CWC
3. To provide complementary highway knowledge to the project management
4. To act as initial point of contact between CWC street works team and 3
rd Party contractors for coordination of the following:
a. Liaison with CityFibre/Comex2000 site supervisors
b. Assessing performance against the approved programme timeline
c. Assessing meterage against project plan to inform delivery
d. Forecasting future work programmes to support coordination by Street
e. Supporting in the resolution of contractual issues
5. Carry out the role of clerk of works for all sites:
a. To engage with the Street works team to be aware of permit
b. Ensure permit conditions affecting the approved traffic management to
red book (all sites)
c. Agree, monitor and oversee site safety and working practices
d. Monitor quality of the reinstatement work in accordance with SRoH (the
full depth reinstatement for all sites but particularly those on strategic
e. To follow up any Fixed Penalty Notices or concerns raised by the street
6. Meet with general public and resolve complaints or issues that have arisen
due to civils work
7. Providing support to the contractor with permit rejections and Traffic
8. Facilitate works between CityFibre and CWC, to ensure public events are not
affected and are correctly planned
9. Ensuring compliance with TMA (Traffic Management Act) and NRSWA (New
Road & Street Works Act).
10.To follow-up defective reinstatements, ensuring that remedial works are
carried out to the required standard and attending site meetings where
defects are disputed
11.Liaise with Highways and Planning to discuss cabinet/poles installs and
update CF tracker, and assist where required.
12.Assist in facilitating and maintaining management and stakeholder
engagement by developing good working relationships with key partners and
13.To provide co-ordination and support to the project and the Project Manager,
ensuring that agreed Wolverhampton project management methods and
standard processes are implemented and maintained throughout the project.
14.Collect, collate and analyse information relating to project progress and
provide comprehensive reports to senior management on findings
15.Compile documentation to present project progress to ICT Management
team and the project board
16.To act in accordance with the Council's Constitution and other Codes of
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.