Parking Services Officer
- Full Time
City Environment - Parking Services
POST DESIGNATION:Parking Services Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO:Parking Services - Operations Manager
LOCATION: At any location in the City
HOURS OF WORK:37 hours
Job purpose and role:
To provide a professional and efficient parking service that complies with all statutory guidance, legislation, best practice and council policies relevant to the post.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1.To assist in the traffic management of Wolverhampton by liaising with Senior Parking Service Officers, Parking Services Management, contractors, internal or external agencies to ensure the accurate, fair and consistent processing of all Parking Service functions
2.To work as an effective member of the Parking Services team to ensure that common issues are addressed coherently and effectively, contributing to the service plan
3.To support Senior Parking Services Officers to ensure the continuity of service provision and timely progression of legal processes.
4.To keep abreast of and be fully conversant with the legal process, current parking legislation, Traffic Regulation Orders and transportation guidance documentation.
5.To process, evaluate and respond to informal challenges in accordance with legislation by reviewing all submitted evidence.
6.To ensure all payments and income are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
7.To respond to enquiries and produce parking dispensations and permits in accordance with documented processes.
8.To provide assistance, advice and support for all aspects of Parking Services functions to businesses, members of the public, colleagues, agencies and contractors.
9. To ensure that all work undertaken complies with the service procedure
manual and is in accordance with the councils customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety policies, standing orders and financial regulations and any other relevant policies of the organisation.
10. To act in accordance with the Council's Constitution and other Codes of
11. To participate in staff development, appraisal and training as appropriate,
including continuous professional development.
12. To comply with the Coincludingbut not limited to, Health and Safety,
Equal Opportunities Policies, the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations and other relevant Council and Government Regulations, Directives and City wide priorities.
13. To undertake any other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed and
appropriate to the grade and role of the post subject to any reasonable
adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as incorporated into the Equality Act 2010.
14. To participate in the wider development of thcontribute to service
improvement as required.
15. Wolverhampton City Council is committed to Corporate Parenting.
"Corporate Parenting is the collective responsibility of the Council to
provide the best possible care and protection for children who are
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Parking Services Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.