- Full Time
Service group: Democratic Services
Team: Electoral Services
Responsible to: Electoral Registration Operations Manager
Salary: Pay 3 pay point 6
Role profile: tbc
Location: Various areas within the City of Wolverhampton
Working hours: Variable and flexible hours, to include evening and weekend working
Job purpose and role
To assist the Electoral Registration Officer and his team with the annual compilation of the register of electors by visiting properties in Wolverhampton to deliver and collect forms (in hard copy or via a tablet device) and assist residents with their completion.
Principal duties and responsibilities
(1) To attend training prior to the commencement of the canvass exercise.
(2) To visit non-responding properties within a defined area to collect completed Household Enquiry Forms (HEFs) or Invitation to Register forms (ITRs). A minimum of one additional visit must be made to each property where there is no response to the initial visit, but further visits can be made as the rate of pay is incentivised for successful collection or return of satisfactorily completed forms.
(3) To provide a high standard of customer service.
(4) To complete online registration forms with residents where that is possible as an alternative to the paper-based forms.
(5) To check for any new-build, demolished or void (empty) properties.
(6) To advise residents on the correct completion of forms.
(7) To attend the Civic Centre as required to provide updates, and to ensure the regular download of collected information.
(8) To ensure that all practices comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
(9) The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Council's equal opportunities and health and safety policies.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Canvasser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.