HR/Payroll Support Assistant
- Part Time
Hours: 18.5 per week
The role of HR Administrator is to deliver a high quality service to line managers, employees and job applicants. This is done by providing the HR Service Group teams with HR support relating to the manipulation of information.
Key Contacts in Organisation:
Reports to: Principal HR Officer
Number supervised: None
Main contacts: Line managers and employees across WCC and partner agencies. HR and Payroll Officers
1. Manipulate, collate and record information and documentation as required.
2. Ensure that information contained on the recruitment data base is accurate and accessible to
managers and job applicants.
3. Provide guidance to managers on compilation of recruitment documentation and recruitment, selection and
redeployment procedures and policies.
3. Ensure that all queries received are logged and dealt with in accordance with business rules.
4. Minute meetings as required.
5. Compile documentation for distribution to employees in relation to their employment and ensure that employment records are kept up to date.
6. Undertake a range of administration duties to support the resolution of customer enquiries and to deliver the overall HR service.
7. Ensure that Equalities data is recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Undertake filing as required.
9. Demonstrate a flexible attitude, being prepared to work within any of the Operations teams to meet fluctuations in demand.
10. Support continuous improvement within HR Shared Services and help to develop the service
by working with partners and contributing ideas based on first hand experience and customer feedback.
11. Deliver a first class service to customers at all times.
12. Work as part of the team, and across HR Shared Service, to ensure an effective service is
provided at all times.
13. Keep up to date with information on all HR services and organisational and system changes.
14. Take ownership for personal development, career growth and building own HR skills and
business knowledge. Participate in coaching and performance workshops.
People: The job involves limited, or no, direct responsibility for the supervision, direction or co-ordination of other employees. The work may involve demonstration of own duties, or advice and guidance, to new employees, or others.
Finance: The job involves limited, or no, direct responsibility for financial resources. The work may involve occasionally handling small amounts of cash, processing cheques, invoices or equivalent.
Physical Resources: The job involves direct responsibility for handling and processing of considerable amounts of computerised information, where care, accuracy, confidentiality and security are important.
Key Skill Requirements:
(Knowledge, skills, experience & qualifications):
Expected to work towards appropriate professional qualifications such as NVQ, or IPPM foundation or equivalent.
1. Customer focus - focuses on the needs of the customer
2. Attention to detail - shows commitment to precision and accuracy
3. Communication - presents information clearly, concisely & accurately
4. Performing effectively - takes responsibility for making things happen
5. Self awareness- knows the boundaries of their own expertise
6. Personal development - builds own skills, experience and knowledge
7. Resilience - handles difficult customers in a calm & positive manner
8. Managing change - contributes own ideas for change
9. Interpersonal skills - able to develop rapport with customers, inspiring trust and confidence in
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.