- Part Time
Job Title Early Years Practitioner (Level 2 & 3)
Rate of Pay £9.55
We are currently seeking a bank of creche workers to work within various creches and children centres across Wolverhampton to provide a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment, where children and families feel valued.
We are looking for individuals that ensure the well-being of all young children and support their access to learning (including those with special needs). Along with supporting senior staff in the general management of children and families in their use of the Centre and meet the individual children's needs, through play and learning opportunities and general care.
* To fulfil key person responsibilities for a group of children attending the Centre's provision.
* To supervise the children in an inclusive manner, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities. In the absence of senior staff to take sole responsibility of a designated area.
* To provide a range of play and learning opportunities and general care that reflects the child's individual ability.
* To take responsibility for the observation, assessment, monitoring and record keeping of children's learning and development using a variety of methods, to inform planning.
* environment that supports the delivery of play and learning opportunities.
* To monitor children's achievements and identify any difficulties.
* To support young children in learning and developing skills in personal hygiene, e.g. washing and toileting routines.
* To maintain a clean, healthy and organised environment.
* To implement policies relating to the safety and protection of children
* Through regular supervision and performance reviews, identify and undertake appropriate training and professional development opportunities that ensure the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding are kept up to date.
To Be successful for this post, you must have the following experience
* NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent in Child Care or Early Years Education.
* Demonstrate knowledge and application of literacy and numeracy and the ability to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English in their current post
* Experience of working with children under five years of age.
* Experience of working with families and carers in a supportive role.
* Experience of working independently as well as within a team structure.
* Experience of working in a culturally diverse community.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.