Debt Recovery Officer
- Full Time
Sector: Revenue and Benefits
Rate of Pay: £10.14 p/h
Duration: 3-6 Months (Maybe extended due to work load)
A great opportunity has arisen for a Debt Recovery Officer to maximise income to the business across all debt types along with collecting the right amount from the right person at the right time.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Maintain accurate and up to date records of debt actions taken from service groups, the individual, organisations or third-party collection and enforcement agencies.
* To provide advice and guidance to customer enquiries either face to face, by telephone or in writing.
* To gather evidence of financial and personal circumstances to make decisions about recovery and enforcement action in accordance with the Collection and Debt Strategy and legislation.
* To agree repayment of outstanding debt in accordance with the Collection and Debt Strategy.
* Monitor arrangements and act appropriately if the debt recovery action has failed.
* To liaise with organisations and advocates representing customers with debt issues
* To undertake ad hoc assignments as necessary in support of the wider functions and responsibilities of the Service
To be successful for the appointment you must have the following
* Experience of working in a financial environment
* Experience of administering council tax and business rate accounts
* Able to effectively organise, plan and prioritise own work to meet standards and deadlines
* Good IT and keyboard skills; able to accurately input data in a busy environment.
* Good questioning, reasoning and judgement skills.
* Able to process high volumes of work accurately and efficiently.
* Effective negotiation skills.
* To high standards of customer service.
* To achieving the highest levels of income for the business.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Debt Recovery Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.