Quality & Improvement Officer
- Full Time
Service Group: Delivery
Department/Team: Corporate Services
Location: Any location within the City
Job Class: B150 Number of posts: 1
Bureau Clearance: Not applicable
To support the Quality & Improvement Manager with all aspects of Quality and Improvement within The Hub including any which impact on our customers and business relationships.
To support the Quality & Improvement Manager with ensuring continuous improvement across The Hub to provide a more efficient and effective service to our customers, streamline processes and reduce costs.
To provide support to the Hub for all Compliments and Complaints received to ensure customer satisfaction and to meet corporate and Hub standards.
Collate and produce statistical information to support improving performance levels within The Hub.
To deliver training and educational guidance to colleagues and customer to support quality and improvement.
Key Contacts in Organisation:
Reports to: Quality & Improvement Manager (The Hub)
Number supervised: none
Main contacts: Council Employees, Schools and Educational Facility Employees and their 3rd Party Support providers, External Contractors, Councillors.
1. Take responsibility to ensure Hub standards and procedures are met when processing and resolving customer requests.
2. Monitor and support The Hub employees to improve standards and procedures.
3. Support the Quality & Improvement Manager with all complaints and compliments received by The Hub.
4. Support the Quality & Improvement Manager with all Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act requests received by The Hub.
5. Work with colleagues across The Hub, and our customer base, to expand learning and knowledge so as to ensure continuous improvement in all performance measures. Participate in coaching and performance workshops. Contribute to knowledge transfer and team training across The Hub and our customer base.
6. Support the Quality & Improvement Manager with all aspects of Communications.
7. Maintain the information on The Hub Intranet(s) and Customer Portals to ensure they are continually up to date and relevant.
8. Responsible for administering The Hub's customer request management application to ensure it is utilised to provide the most efficient and effective service to our customers whilst optimising the performance of officers within The Hub.
9. Support the Quality & Improvement Manager in arranging and delivering regular customer engagement meetings to create environments for The Hub to update customers and for us to listen to our customers' requirements.
10. Support The Hub Quality & Improvement Manager in analysing and producing statistical information to support service provision and corporate Key Performance Indicators.
11. Keep up to date with information on all Hub services and organisational and system changes.
12. Assist the Quality & Improvement Manager in the design and implementation of required processes, procedures and standards to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
13. Ensure a focus on the customer to meet their requirements, resolve issues and provide a service to their satisfaction.
14. To communicate with customers and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner.
15. Take ownership for personal development, career growth and building own skills and business knowledge. Undertake suitable training as and when required to keep abreast of developments in Information Technology and Service Improvement.
Key Skill Requirements:
(Knowledge, skills, experience & qualifications):
1. Advanced Microsoft Suite ICT Skills
2. Knowledge of Customer Request Management system(s)
3. Skills to multi-task
4. Problem solving / solution finding skills
5. Ability to communicate effectively based on audience.
6. Take ownership of all outstanding customer requests.
7. Ability to challenge existing processes to identify service improvement. and/or cost savings
8. Strong relationship building and influencing skills
1. Ability to work to strict deadlines
2. Team Player
3. Strong motivation to undertake the role.
4. Respect colleagues and customers
5. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
6. Ability to relate to and work with people at all levels.
7. Able to respond to change and influence change in practice.
8. Commitment to meeting the needs and requirements of customers and to promoting efficiency
9. Commitment to a Capable, Confident Council.
10. Customer focus - focuses on the needs of the customer
11. Professionalism- instils confidence in advice provided and establishes a rapport with managers and officers
12. Attention to detail - shows commitment to precision and accuracy
13. Communication - Listens to the customer and ascertains all of the information necessary on which to base information or guidance required. Presents information and advice clearly, concisely & accurately
14. Performing effectively - resolves problems compliantly & creatively
15. Relationships - builds relationships across the organisation
16. ICT expertise - applies ICT knowledge to all aspects of the role to ensure efficient practices are in place to reduce time taken and/or reduce costs
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Quality & Improvement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.