- Full Time
Post Designation: Receptionist / Clerical Assistant
Division: Public Service Reform
Responsible to: Senior Registration Officer
Location: Civic Centre
Hours: 37 Hours per week, 08:30 - 17:00 Monday - Thursday, and 08:30 - 16:30 Friday
Job Purpose and Role
To provide excellent customer service through reception, clerical and administrative support for Registration Services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. To promote Bereavement and Registration Services with all customers at reception.
2. To receive callers at reception, identifying their service needs without referral where possible and where appropriate, directing service users for further assistance.
3. To maintain leaflet stock control, displays and information notices in the reception area.
4. To ensure customer confidentiality, security of reception office and cash received at all times.
5. To take cash and issue receipts in accordance with the adopted procedures.
6. To be responsible for opening/closing the reception at the agreed times and for the cleanliness and appearance of the reception area.
7. To prepare, update and maintain computer and/or manual records and information systems and to assist with the preparation and analysis of statistical information as directed.
8. To assist with the ordering of supplies, goods and services and associated payment procedures in respect of any of the services operated or managed by the service.
9. To undertake postal and photocopying duties and assist with the maintenance and upkeep of filing systems and reference material as required.
10. To deal with enquiries received by telephone, mail or via personal contact from members of the public, ministers, funeral directors, stonemasons and suppliers, giving advice, information and assistance as appropriate in a pleasant and courteous manner.
11. To maintain systems for recording customer enquiries/complaints, or other such records as may be required to ensure the efficient delivery of the work of the service.
12. To undertake further training as required.
13. To ensure that the Council's administrative procedures, systems, and financial regulations are adhered to.
14. To ensure that all practices comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
15. The postholder must at all times carry out his/her duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
16. To carry out any other duties which are commensurate with the grading and designation of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustment required under the
Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.