We are currently working with a leading firm of patent and trademark attorneys who are looking for an experienced Trade Mark Paralegal/ Administrator to join the growing team! This is an amazing opportunity to work with an outstanding IP firm and you must have the ability to hit the ground running in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently to a high standard and use own initiative wherever appropriate. You will have very high attention to detail skills and exceptional written ability.
For direct applications please email: Bobbie.Williams@office-angels.com
JOB TITLE: Trade Mark Paralegal / Administrator
SALARY: From £32,000 - £48,000 per Annum, plus great benefits!
HOURS: 9:00am-5:00pm - Flexible
CULTURE: Friendly, rewarding, social, environment.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package included!
- Preparation of documentation relevant to patents, designs and/or trademarks as appropriate and monitoring various formalities processes
- Assistance with trade mark filing programmes, including; Obtaining and collating information relating to filing requirements and costs; preparing instructions to overseas agents; Obtaining/preparing documents for execution by clients, checking executed documents received from client and forwarding to overseas agents where appropriate;Preparing application forms (UK, EU and International);
- Processing and forwarding of notices received from our trade mark watch provider and dealing with incoming client enquiries relating to the watching service.
- Preparation of various documentation and presentations relevant to fee earner involvement in committees and other professional activities.
- Transcribing dictation (Big Hand).
- Preparation and handling of all ancillary documentation as necessary
- Instructing overseas agents to attend to filing of new patent, design and trade mark applications
- Monitoring fee earner deadlines/workloads
- Preparing portfolio reports for clients and working with take-over portfolios
- Adding official fees and firm service charges to our billing system.
- Generating cost billing worksheet sheets for invoicing purposes.
- Gathering commercial information on clients or potential clients
- Dealing with signature, notarisation and legalisation of documents
- Requesting new files and checking that files have been set up correctly on Inprotech
- Updating Inprotech records as required (e.g. adding logos, updating specifications etc)
- Preparation of invoices.
- Monitoring of fee earner Work In Progress (WIP) e.g. unbilled time or service charges wherever appropriate.
- Assisting fee earners in obtaining information from EPO, UKIPO, EUIPO, WIPO and other IP related websites and databases
- Preparing reports to clients in respect of UKIPO and EUIPO surveillance notifications, and EUIPO Search Reports
- Reporting grants of protection of designations of International Registrations
- Assistance with assignments, changes of name/address and other recordals, including obtaining/collating information on requirements/costs, preparing documents (eg Powers of Attorney) for execution by clients, preparing forms/instructions to overseas associates, monitoring progress of recordals and reporting to client
- Preparing basic correspondence/emails to clients, IP offices and overseas agent
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and use own initiative wherever appropriate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Efficient, able to prioritise to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Must be able and willing to learn new systems and procedures
- Must be a team player, personable and approachable
- Able to work under pressure and respond to changing demands on a daily basis
- Very high attention to detail
- Good typing speed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Law Graduate - 2.1
- Experience of Inprotech Database system and Serion/SAEGIS advantageous
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint advantageous
- Any experience of Inprotech Database system advantageous, although systems induction training will be provided
- CITMA Paralegal Course - Desirable
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.