Adecco Ipswich are currently working on behalf of a fantastic client based in Central Ipswich, and we are currently recruiting for a Transport Assistant to join our client.
We are looking for tenacious, hard working and dedicated candidates to join a small team based in the centre.
No two days will be the same and this is a very varied and busy role.
You will join an established tight knit team, working to streamline their process's
Your duties will be very varied, and will include but not be limited to the following;
- Updating and maintaining the "chasers management system" to ensure that all delivery issues are recorded
- Ensuring Week commencing ETA dates are achieved
- Ensuring all Haulage response required chasers are responded to within 24 hours
- Updating and maintaining non delivery reasons
- Liaising with the Transport co-ordinator to ensure hauliers are booked in for deliveries of product in accordance with daily booking limits.
- Chasing Delivered orders to ensure product is delivered from site within the agreed time period
- Assisting with the dispatch desk and weighbridge system to ensure goods received and dispatched are processed according to company procedures/protocols.
- Ensure site haulier data base is maintained with accurate and up-to-date information
- Assisting colleagues due to holiday, sickness or work load to ensure the smooth running of the business
- To adhere to company procedures in relation to all aspects of the IT systems, Business admin processes, procedures and policies
- Working under the guidance of Business Support Services team in relation to policies, procedures and processes.
- Assisting Site Management in the execution of their administrative and office management duties as required
If you think this is the right role for you then please do not hesitate!
£14.40 per hour, with Monday- Friday working hours, flexibility is required due to the nature and demand of the business.
You will have access to free parking on-site, as well as a wealth of benefits through Adecco.
This role is offered on an initial temp basis, with the opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate!
Starting ASAP, pending an interview.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.