ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY OFFICER
Contract Term: 9-months FTC
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Environmental Health & Safety Officer who is interested in joining a leading medical equipment supplier based in Ballincollig, Cork.
This is a 9-month contract that could lead to further opportunities within the company. The salary could be between €30-35K, DOE, with amazing benefits included.
Summary of the Role:
To provide a full and comprehensive EHS support service to the Healthcare Group, supporting 12 sites across ROI, NI & UK.
Ensuring best practice and pragmatic approach is taken to contribute towards the achievement of business goals and to support the organization in complying with Environmental Health & Safety legal requirements.
The principal objective is to protect the employees and third parties, recommending changes to protect and educate employees on how to prevent health and safety issues using safety training programs.
The individual will be expected to work with senior management throughout the business to ensure effective and compliant processes, systems and tools are in place to support the end-to-end business needs and their continuous improvement.
· Play a key role in promoting and maintaining a strong EHS culture and management systems across all sites in Europe
· Work with the Quality & Compliance Team to achieve the relevant accreditation at all the group's sites and assist during external audits.
· Liaise with regulators and third parties as appropriate in relation to inspections and incidents.
· Assist the Supply Chain Manager to develop and implement appropriate and effective EHS policies and procedures.
· Maintain and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Environmental Management System (ISO)
· Maintain EHS training needs analysis, training matrix, organize and/or conduct training programs to the appropriate standard & maintain records.
· Create EHS procedures, review and update existing ones and roll out to employees.
· Ensure up-to-date risk assessments, maintaining the Site Risk Assessment Matrix, and implementing standard operating procedures.
· Support in incident investigation by compiling all relevant incident data, identifying their causes, and reviewing to establish trends, identifying appropriate corrective and preventative actions, and managing their implementation.
· Complete internal safety and environmental audits.
· Report on assigned KPI's on a weekly and monthly basis and provide the Group Operations Manager with the required information for management review.
· Monitor and coach managers and employees on procedural requirements.
· Incident investigation, risk assessment, and safety inspection/audit
· Support the development and testing of site Emergency Response Plans and Divisional Business Continuity Plans.
· Development and maintenance of the Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental documentation, policies, and data.
· Consult with the HR department to actively promote and prioritize a safe working environment and ensuring compliance with standards, processes, and permits.
· Lead in-house health and safety training and induction of new employees.
· Develop and manage an annual Health and Safety plan, ensuring all initiatives are delivered.
· Overseeing H & S compliance with EU GDPR requirements.
· Review current H & S legislation in a bid to comply with EU legislation, regulations, standards, or policies and to minimize operation losses, occupational health problems, accidents, and injuries across the group.
· Liaise with Group sites regarding works being carried out by the Company to ensure compliance with customers and safety policies.
· Liaise and communicate with regulatory authorities (HSA, HSE, etc.) as required
· Contribute to any relevant projects/ requests that contribute to the overall development of the organization.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization including senior management.
· Ability to handle confidential data with discretion.
· Ability to use own initiative and work with a proactive approach in a fast-paced environment.
· Adaptable and ability to change pace or work direction when required and work within an ever-changing organization.
· Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish goals.
Key Personal Requirements:
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
· Third level qualification in health & safety/environment
· Full driver's license and willingness to routinely travel to other Group sites.
· High level of computer literacy including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This is a 9-month contract and hoping to have the candidate commence in October. The salary will be DOE, the salary budget is set at €30,000-€35,000. The hours of work are 9 am to 5 pm. Benefits: Employees receive 22 days annual leave; in addition to this are 10 public holidays per year (Good Friday is not a working day for us). Annual leave entitlement increases to 23 days after 2 years and employees receive their birthday off after 5 years. The Company offers benefits such as Doctor / Dental leave, Pension (after 6months), and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme. We also offer additional benefits such as Sports & Social committee, Bike to Work scheme, and Savings Scheme if the employee wishes to join.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.