JOB ROLE: Office Manager
JOB TYPE: Temporary, Full Time
DURATION: 2 months on-going with the possibility of going permanent
HOURS: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm (37.5 hours)
COMPANY TYPE: Charity
LOCATION: Kennington (Office based)
PAY RATE: £17.44
Office Angels are looking for an Office Manager to join a leading Charity based in South East London. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a great team and for an organisation who make a huge impact on peoples lives.
You will be required to maintain efficient administration systems for the business and provide office support to the team.
The role requires someone who enjoys keeping things in order and likes being part of a team. As an Office Manager, you would be making sure that day-to-day office tasks run smoothly. So it's important you are organised, accurate and pay close attention to detail.
You will be undertaking administrative tasks for both the General Office, Casework and Social Enterprise team.
You will need to remain positive, professional, manage expectations, and have empathy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Charity Responsibilities -
1. Develop and streamline admin processes, ensuring standards are maintained and improved.
2. Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, etc. to produce
correspondence and documents; input accurate data onto spreadsheets or databases and provide
timely reports as required.
3. Receive telephone calls and visitors and answer general enquiries
4. Liaise with staff and with external contacts
5. Stock management of office stationery and equipment etc. including ordering
6. Sort and distribution of incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
7. Answer internal calls and take messages
8. Manage all mobile Provider and phone issues.
9. Oversee external cleaning contractors and liaise when necessary.
10. Ensure IT issues within organization are dealt with i.e. Dropbox etc.
11. E Ensure vehicle admin such as fines, MOT and taxes are paid/up to date.
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting and you may be asked to complete ad hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
1. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
2. Enthusiastic with a can do attitude and a real desire to add value
3. Proactive and self-motivated with good time management skills
4. Desire to show initiative
5. IT capability - e.g. a good level of competence in Excel, Outlook and Word, and other computer skills
7. Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and be able to apply these with the organisation
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.