POST DESIGNATION: Cleaning Assistant
DIVISION: Catering and Cleaning Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Catering/Cleaning Services Supervisor
LOCATION: As directed
Please note that this post is subject to a DBS check and COSHH test.
After school cleaning - Shifts range from 2-3 hours per day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collect and bag up all refuse and deliver to collection points or bin areas.
2. Floor maintenance including the use of machinery eg, All hard floors including concrete, vinyl, wood etc, all carpeted floors.
3. Damp dust all furniture and fittings, all radiators, pipes and ledges.
4. To clean all toilets, wash rooms and sluice rooms, laundry rooms.
5. To replenish all toilet requisites eg, hand towels, rubbish sacks, etc.
6. To participate in training courses as required.
7. To work as part of a cleaning team.
8. Maintain cleaning materials and equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
9. Reporting any faults in the machinery or the building fabrics to the cleaning supervisor.
10. Ensuring safe working methods are adhered to.
11. To comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policy.
1. High damp dusting.
2. Cleaning office partitions and glass.
3. Deep cleaning of furniture and fittings eg, cupboards, desks and chairs.
4. Washing down walls/wall tiles in toilet areas, wash rooms, sluices and laundry rooms.
5. Stripping and re-sealing of hard floors.
Any other cleaning duties commensurate with the grading of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Reference ID: CLEANER (SCHOOLS)
Part-time hours: various per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: Up to £9.62 per hour
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy