ELECTRICAL PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Location: City West, Dublin
Contract Term: Permanent
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Electrical Production Technician who is interested in joining a leading printing company based in City West, Dublin.
This is a permanent opportunity with the company, salary offered is €50K with an interesting benefits package.
The Production technician - electrical will work as part of the maintenance team, reporting to the Production & Maintenance Team Leaders, on a 24/7 rolling roster shift system, to carry out electrical and where competent mechanical preventative, corrective, and breakdown maintenance on all plant and equipment. In addition, the production technician will also help clean, prepare, maintain, and operate all products and associated equipment under the direction of the duty Production Team Leader and as demanded by the production schedule to achieve optimum product and service quality as demanded by Webprint and its customers.
Specific tasks assigned to Production technician - electrical will include execution of the daily, weekly, monthly, etc. preventative maintenance tasks, updating the preventative maintenance system (PEMAC), initiating effective repairs to restore plant function in the event of a breakdown, and liaising with other shifts, technicians, team leaders, and managers to ensure smooth operation over the continuous system. When working as part of the production team duties may include operation of the CtP (Computer to Plate) lines, preparation and loading of newsprint reels, operation of the programmed newspaper despatch lines, and operation of the mailroom lines.
* Carry out preventative & corrective maintenance tasks, either electrical or mechanical (where qualified), and record these tasks in the preventative maintenance system or shift e-log system.
*Prepare equipment for production e.g. Ferag, KBA (EAE), N-dev (Waste), and CTP systems. Set up to include electrical/electronic adjustment and control systems,
*Operate fork trucks, clamp trucks, electric pallet trucks, and hand pallet trucks,
*Operate relevant computer and management reporting systems as required. Ensure all relevant details are fully reported in as much detail as possible.
*Ensure continuity of production by effective maintenance and pre-flight checks,
*Assist in press preparation and sheeting up process,
*Ensure that work areas are kept clean and tidy e.g. wipe up any spillages and keep up to date with the daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance schedules for the equipment,
*Work with and help design Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistency of quality and delivery within the manufacturing process.
*Carry out all Mail Room preparation tasks and associated checks and be fully involved in equipment operation using designated standard operating procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Essential: Electrical Senior trades, equivalent City & Guilds qualification, certificate or diploma in electrical engineering with qualification to work on low and medium voltage equipment, or other equivalent qualification. Likely to have further training and qualifications in instrumentation, automation, PLC programming.
* PC literate in the mainstream application packages, ECDL an advantage,
* Fork truck license an advantage
* Understanding of key Health and Safety responsibilities and how these are applied to the workplace,
* Good written and verbal communication skills to deal with customers in a professional manner.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Several years' industrial experience in the maintenance department of a high-speed, automated production facility.
* Previous shift working experience in a high-speed manufacturing
* Demonstrated mechanical and pc aptitude
* Used to work under pressure
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.