Purchase Ledger Analyst
Purchase Ledger Analyst
12 months - maternity cover
Working from Home/ Coventry
Primarily, the role is to process supplier invoices to ensure that suppliers are paid accurately and on a timely basis following established purchase ledger processes. The role is also responsible for processing an increasing volume of invoices for the business
- Experience in an Accounting environment is desirable
- Good working knowledge of the MS office suite is essential
- At least one year experience in working in an Account Payable function is desirable
- Good working Knowledge of AUTOLINE DMS is desirable
Technical Skills and Personal characteristics:
- The individual needs to be positive, methodical and conscientious in their approach to work Problem solving skills are essential
- Must be able to work efficiently from home, but still communicate effectively with the rest of the team
- Possess the ability to be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the organisation
- Education level, professional qualifications, vocational training: 5 GCSE A-C or equivalent he weekly routine tasks of supplier's payment run requires an excellent eye for detail and a great level of concentration and experience.
- There are no other routine tasks as the main part of the role will be answering and resolving queries on behalf of various departments, being the link with the group's suppliers.
- There are some guidelines in place but most of the decisions require experience and ingenuity. The individual will analyse reports for their area and act upon these reports to drive the activity.
- It is imperative that the suppliers are paid on time in order for the business to continue.
- The payment of suppliers has a direct impact on the credit rating of the business. Any wrong outgoing of cash can have a detrimental effect on the company's reputation as well as cashflow.
- Necessary actions to achieve deliverables Invoice need to be processed in a timely manner. Queries have to be addressed with the appropriate party (dealership or supplier) for the right payment to be made on time.
- The individual needs to show accuracy and speed as the attention to detail is paramount in this position.
- The individual needs to review the unallocated cash regularly in order to claim the VAT and justify the DD taken out of the company's accounts.
- The individual needs to reconcile individual suppliers accounts and request missing information in order to justify the accounts
- The individual has to build relationships with the suppliers and establish contact with large supplier's receivables departments
- The individual has to take responsibility for the payment run and investigate why some payment/suppliers might be blocked
Job Environment (Operational Context)
- The Purchase Ledger supervisor is available throughout the day for advice and support if needed but the role requires the job holder to work alone on a daily basis. His/her work will only be checked after completion of the task.
- The individual will organise themselves to deliver on a tight pre-determined payment schedule and deadlines. Procedures are in place to assist for the tasks required.
This is a home based role, occasional travel to Pinley House will be required.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you wish to register with us for future opportunities in your area, then please follow the link below.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Purchase Ledger Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.