Job Title: Customer Service and Planning Support
Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: £13.60
Working hours: Monday - Thursday full days, Friday half days (start time anywhere between 7am - 9am, then work 8 hours). 37.5 hours worked per week
We are looking for a Customer Service and Planning Support to assist with the day-to-day customer service activities for items manufactured and shipped from Sudbury to ensure 100% customer satisfaction as well as supporting our Material Planners with the purchasing of materials according to the production schedule, customer orders and forecast.
What are my responsibilities?
- To be the key contact for customer services related tasks in Sudbury and responsible for providing 100% service levels to all Distribution Centres/ customers within the organisation and as well globally for all product lines
- Communicate potential service issues around the supply in a clear and timely manner to all stakeholders
- Ownership of the Customer Services Inbox to ensure timely and proactive communication
- Coordinate product returns from our Distribution Centres, while adhering to internal procedures and ensuring clear and accurate processing in the ERP system for audit purposes
- Manage customer complaints in a professional manner and resolve as quickly as possible
- Ensure replenishment orders are placed within the arranged lead times and as per the agreed S&OP, reviewing the data on a frequent basis and communicate between the Global Demand Planning team and Distribution Centres/ customers to reflect true data
- Provide 100% accuracy to all customer services related tasks
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials;
- Support site by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met
- Reporting on key metrics and providing visuals and information at daily stand up meetings to communicate any potential issues
- Reacting to changes in supply to ensure contingency and recovery plan available in a timely manner and any issues escalated as appropriate, with labour and material requirements communicated throughout
- Review usage, lot sizes and lead times to ensure master data is correct and allows for efficient planning
- Responsible for the timely resolution of: return of non-conforming goods, invoice queries or other supply issues
- Working with Commodity Managers, Project Owners and other departments to support existing, replacement and new product requirements.
- Provide assistance across all areas of the supply chain, including Materials and Production
- Constantly question current practices identifying improvement opportunities and implementing process changes with management and Business Excellence support
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Sound understanding of an SAP ERP system and MRP
- Highly organised and results oriented
- Open Communication - ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Customer focused mind-set
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bias for Action - ability to work in fast pace while retaining strong attention to detail and making decisions
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Over 1 year experience in a similar role
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools
- Ability to drive and deliver new initiatives and process improvements
- Broad knowledge in material planning from a manufacturing environment
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy