Third party Disclosure Officer
Bodmin or Camborne, Plymouth and Torquay or Exeter.
To support the provision of an effective multi-agency approach to the protection of children and other vulnerable people. In particular, to:
- Review material held by Social Services, Health, Education and other local authority departments in connection with criminal proceedings in compliance with the Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act.
- Act as liaison point on such issues between Social Services, the investigating officer/team and the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Undertake research and prepare reports to ensure correct disclosure of relevant information to partner agencies' meetings related to child protection and vulnerable adults; Child Protection Case Conferences and Child Protection Reviews; secure accommodation orders and placements.
- Research and prepare reports on any other information related to keeping children and vulnerable adults safe, including disclosure schedules and reports
In addition there are some functions that are intrinsic to this role. An employer's duty of care and current legislation allows the Force to establish if a potential applicant could carry them out, either with or without reasonable adjustments. These functions are:
- Working with Disturbing Evidence/Observation of Disturbing Circumstances
- Working with Vulnerable People
To assist in ensuring applicants would be able to undertake these functions of the role, it will be necessary for the medical questionnaire provided with the other application material to be completed. In some cases, a medical assessment of the information provided in that questionnaire will be undertaken.
The successful applicant will be subject to stringent vetting and referencing checks prior to commencing employment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Third party Disclosure Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.