Waste and Recycling Coordinator
Adecco are recruting for a WASTE AND RECYCLING COORDINATOR to work for a Local Authority based in FELTHAM, HOUNSLOW.
- Waste and Recycling Coordinator
- Feltham, Hounslow
- Full time - 36 hours per week
- Temporary role - 6 months (possible extension)
- £17.27 per hour PAYE / £22.35 per hour Umbrella
- ASAP Start
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To assist the safe movement of residential customers through the site - this includes entrance, parking, inspection of waste, leaving the site and enforcing the waste acceptance policy. The role will also be tasked with increasing recycling and reuse at Space Waye and reduce the volume of waste going to Energy from Waste. The successful candidate will take a lead role in supervising the public side service at Space Waye. They will be the first point of contact in any Customer Service-related issues that may arise at Space Waye - specifically dealing with questions, complaints and difficult situations as they develop.
A secondary role will be to act as emergency cover for the weighbridge. The successful candidate will be trained for this duty when they begin the role.
Public side Site Attendants as supervisor.
- Staff supervision of the public section of Space Waye - will have the role of disseminating instructions/duties to staff as issued by management.
- Ensuring that the public side users are disposing of their waste/recycling correctly - consistent with site policy.
- Report any site defects/damage to site manager. Required to learn how to deal appropriately with hazardous materials, chemical spills and general Health and Safety issues.
- Dealing with customer issues/problems on the public section of Space Waye as they develop. Will take a lead in this - role requires the individual to be able to deal with tense/aggressive situations with a calm competence.
- Take an active role in site security, keeping all buildings locked when not in use - responsibility for site keys as required.
- Periodic weighbridge cover.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of the principles and practices of recycling and waste management.
- Recycling or waste minimisation work.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Ability to produce concise reports and letters.
- Ability to communicate with public, other departments, contractors and other agencies by telephone, in writing and face-to-face.
- Ability to present information to other departments and the public.
- Prepared to work outside in all weathers undertaking all manner of tasks - as issued by the site manager.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Maintain a smart and clean appearance at Space Waye during work hours.
- Maintain a civil and dignified manner when dealing with customers.
- Works well with others as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and proactive. The duties and conditions at Space Waye are varied - successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to assess a given situation and find a satisfactory solution.
EXPERIENCE / ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience of working at a Household Waste and Recycling Centre preferable
- Understanding of Health and Safety, Traffic Management
- Customer Service
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
More searches like this
- Banking & Financial Services Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Feltham
- Enforcement & Complaints Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Feltham
- Human Resources Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Feltham
- Public Sector Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Feltham
- Industrial & Manufacturing Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Feltham