Site Engineering Manager
Adecco are pleased to be working alongside a large FMCG business based in Shaftesbury who are looking for a Engineering Manager on a full time permanent basis.
An experienced engineering manager who can manage a large team of supervisors and shop floor engineers on a day to day basis in a FMCG environment.
- Ensure that Health & Safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Play a key role in promoting Health & Safety awareness on site.
- Manage the asset care programme for the site to include buildings, plants and services. Ensuring assets meet the business needs in terms of plant efficiency, safety/technical and legislative standards.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive asset care/maintenance system in place to monitor and manage the engineering activities with particular reference to cost control, manpower, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and stock holding
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of the engineering operation to challenge and drive profitability, service and quality standards managers to ensure individual and company objectives are achieved
- Coach, train and mentor members of staff to a high standard
- Ensure right people, structure and skills are in place to deliver the required engineering standards. Own the engineering training and development requirements of the business
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent.
- BSc, HND or HNC in Electrical, Mechanical or dual skilled engineering. (Electrical bias will be desirable)
- Strong written, numerical and verbal skills.
- Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written).
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and CMMS systems.
- Experience with world class manufacturing processes and methods, Lean, Kaizen, Kanban, 5C, 5S, TPM and other advanced manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts
- Specialisation in either mechanical or electrical engineering with detailed knowledge
- Servo motors and drives
- Inverter control systems
- Hydraulic powered systems
- Pneumatic control systems
- PLC computer controlled equipment
£50,000 - £53,000 per annum
Full time permanent basis
Mon-Fri - 40 hours per week 7.30am - 4pm
To register your interest in this position please apply here or contact the Adecco team on 01202 202810 or
Adecco are an equal opportunities employer and a recruitment agency.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Site Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.