Venue Operations Manager
Do you have operational management experience in a venue? Do you have awareness of Health & Safety requirements at large scale events? Are you keen to work for a well renowned company at the heart of our community? Then this opportunity isn't to be missed!
JOB TITLE: Venue Operations Manager
LOCATION: Taunton, Somerset
SALARY: Highly competitive, discussed at application stage
HOURS: Full time, permanent position
THE COMPANY: Highly reputable, impressive, inspiring and locally recognised business within the hub of our Taunton community. Working in a vibrant and fun environment in modern offices.
THE ROLE: To provide every person entering the venue and any other venue that may be utilised from time to time, with the opportunity to have a safe and enjoyable experience by ensuring that the infrastructure and facilities are maintained to a suitable standard and the relevant safety policies and procedures are implemented.
Health & Safety
- With direction and support, regularly reviewing and updating venue policies
- Ensuring compliance with relevant directives and regulations
- Procuring and managing site security contracts
Event Safety & Security
- Leading the relationship with the venue's Safety Advisory Group ensuring Event plans meet with their approval
- Acting as the Event Safety Officer or Deputy Event Safety Office during large-scale events
- Managing the Safety Management Team
- Holding the Safety Certificate and ensuring the delivery of all events is undertaken professionally
- Managing safety management contracts
- Ensuring the implementation of anti-corruption protocols
Daily Venue Operations
- Overseeing & co-ordinating day to day operational aspects of the venue
- Managing the maintenance of the venue facilities and facilitating access for contractors undertaking works as required
- Working in collaboration with the Commercial team, negotiating, reviewing and implementing suppler agreements including for cleaning, waste management etc
- Plan, monitor & manage all works undertaken by external contractors
- Managing and monitoring financial budgets
- Ensuring the implementation, monitoring & review of all venue operating procedures
COVID-19 Officer (during global pandemic)
- Reviewing and refreshing the venue protocols in accordance with Government guidance
- Monitoring the implementation of protocols
- Informing senior management of any breaches which require their involvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience of operational delivery in a venue
- Awareness of Health & Safety requirements
- Been part of a team responsible for delivering Events
- Management of people and key relationships
- Negotiated and implemented supplier agreements
HOW TO APPLY: If this position has caught your attention and you would like to apply then please do so online or contact Georgie or Catherine for a confidential chat on 01823 285440 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Venue Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.