New Business Underwriter
New Business Underwriter
Ideal Candidates would have an excellent understanding and proven knowledge in Property Owners or Liability Underwriting, ideally both personal lines and Commercial, although it's not essential to have both.
To have experience as an Insurer, Broker or within delegated authority across a wide range of Insurance classes. The individual must be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to develop, as there would be an expectation to cross-skill into other products which we offer.
The objectives of this role are to:-
- Trade proactively as part of our New Business team to produce quotes in line with Service Level Agreements.
- You will be responsible for achieving growth targets in line with technical and compliance guidelines.
- To improve customer experience and maintain broker and partner relationships.
- It is essential that the candidate also have an excellent work ethic and good communication and customer service skills.
Your main duties will be:-
- Examining insurance proposals.
- Optimising chances of increasing Income by chasing Pipelines.
- Collecting background information and assessments of risk.
- Analysing statistical data using specialist computer programmes.
- Writing quotes and negotiating the terms with brokers and clients.
- Determining premiums.
- Deciding the wording of policies.
- Preparing insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Liaising with insurance brokers.
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
- Organising own work loads and diary management to a high level.
- Point of call for underwriting queries from Insurance agents.
- Inviting and following up renewals.
- New Business quotation, as well as NTU and MTA administration, in line with your licence level.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Analytical skills
- Good maths and statistics skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT skills
- Good judgement
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and works well under pressure
- Very Organised
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Trading mentality
This role is normally office based, however due to ongoing Covid19 restrictions you would be working from home and all Company equipment will be provided.
The above role is based on a permanent full-time basis working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with an ASAP start available.
To apply please follow the link or call Georgia on 01384 456782 for more information.
Adecco UK are an equal opportunities employer and an Employment Agency
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for New Business Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.