Logistics Manager (PPE)
JOB TITLE: Logistics Manager (PPE)
LOCATION: Working from home / Reigate, Surrey
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: Initial 6 week contract
PAY RATE: £24.36 PAYE / £31.53 Umbrella per hour
HOURS: Mon - Fri, 36 hours per week
To manage & deliver high performing warehouse operations in a fast-paced environment to distribute Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This position will provide effective warehouse & distribution management as part of a team brought together in response to the current high demand for PPE.
- Fully manage the warehouse and distribution operation and team with support from Warehouse and Team Supervisors
- Strategic communication to MHCLG confirming of receipt of goods and highlighting areas of risk.
- Take overall responsibility for the coordination with Procurement team and warehousing staff. Including delivery information, stock levels, goods in and quality checks.
- Responsible for the control and management of Quality Assurance, stock management and onward distribution of all PPE orders
- Responsible for documenting and accounting for delivered stock and data used for invoicing.
- Oversee all stock audits as required, to ensure the correct inventory levels.
- Support the Logistics Manager in preparing stock, space forecasting
- Responsible for forecasting and resourcing vehicle requirements for delivering stock across county.
- Future planning, sourcing, implementing and management of IT systems.
- Review of service levels provided by and to the organisation where necessary
- Liaise closely with Customer Relations team to ensure that the customer experience and expectation is exceeded at all times through an efficient operation
- Dealing with any site/facility issues as reported by the business with Surrey Fire Infrastructure Team
- Stock or equipment management experience.
- Distribution/transport experience
- Data/accounting management experience
- Team management experience
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions quickly.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, this will include colleagues, customers and suppliers of good and services to the business
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- High levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility
- Driven to exceed deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Can work independent, proactive and as part of a highly efficient small team
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Logistics Manager (PPE)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.