Factory Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Monday - Friday)
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
Salary/Rate: £38,000 + Competitive benefits package
Type: Permanent, Full time
Shift patterns: 6am - 3pm or 3pm to 11pm, Monday - Friday
Adecco Harlow are currently recruiting for a Shift Manager to form part of an exciting new campaign on behalf of our rapidly expanding Client in Enfield, Middlesex.
Your primary role will be to lead the production team and help with the integration of the new staff to deliver high performing standards and to exceed OEE and set Targets. You will also be responsible to drive performance and efficiency, as well as, ensuring the safe, effective and efficient management of the production shift and the people involved.
Key areas of this role include but are not limited to:
- Health & Safety - Setting and leading the standard in Health + Safety and Environment
- Budgetary control
- Performance - Managing a team to deliver OEE, Yield and GMP targets
- Project delivery - Integration of our clients new department into existing production area
- Growing and developing the shop floor team to become an effective department
- Timely and clear escalation of issues to management level and above
- Knowledge and experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment
- Experience of leading an action team to deliver a CI project (e.g. yield reduction)
- Proven record of developing/coaching teams
- Understanding and experience in managing stocks, preferably experience of warehouse management systems
- Proven history of developing and leading capable teams
- Uses initiative to problem solve resolve issues quickly
- Relationship building, team player
- Proactive and pragmatic
- Quality assurance
· 2 years min. front line management experience in a comparable environment.
· High level H&S awareness
· Sets high standards with the direct & wider team.
· Good attention for detail e.g. checks processes/tasks.
· Able to deal with challenging situations / problems in a way that demonstrates their leadership and integrity.
· Analytical approach to problem solving.
· Is a competent and confident communicator (inc. escalation).
· Good pace; actions closure / comms / people issues etc. Gets things done.
· Proactiveness - seeks information and takes on tasks within their area.
· Is a team player & builds rapport.
· Results driven; wants to achieve targets and challenge/influence team around them to find ways to improve. Has that CI mindset.
· Has the ability to learn new skills and a desire to develop personally.
Qualifications & Desirable's
- Manufacturing/science/engineering or supply chain degree (Desirable)
- IOSH managing safely (Essential)
- HACCP level 2 (Essential)
- Basic Food Hygiene (Essential)
Shift Manager / Warehouse / Factory / Production / Food Manufacturing / FLT / IOSH / Machinery / HACCP
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. The Adecco group is a global company with more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world. The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Factory Shift Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.