Java Developer / Java Architect
Java Developer / Software Architect
Who you'll be working with
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of engineers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
The focus of your role:
You will be a senior member of the engineering team bringing a mix of architecture skills, leadership as well as hands on development. As a hands on technologist we would expect you to be at least 70% hands on delivery. You will be designing and developing some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set, demonstrable technical leadership, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology. Your main area of expertise will be in Java and JVM related technologies but you will also bring to the table other related experience.
What you'll do:
· Work as part of Agile teams of developers, analysts and testers to successfully deliver business and supporting solutions for our clients.
· Shape solutions & define architecture.
· Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
· Use your wide range of skills such as an architect, technical lead, designer and developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development and leadership of implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
· Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
· Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
What you'll bring:
· Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
· Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
· Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging), Spring Framework 5 (preferably with experience of Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Hystrix)
· Experience of Websphere (or experience with alternative JEE App servers e.g. JBoss, Glassfish)
· Hands on development experience with hibernate, quartz and bootstrap technologies and Microsoft SQL Server
· Experience of Bitbucket (or experience with alternative GIT repositories e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
· Experience of Jenkins (or experience with alternative CICD e.g. TeamCity, Bamboo, Drone)
· Experience of Artifactory (or experience with alternative Binary Management e.g. Nexus, Archiva)
· Experience of working in collaborative teams
· Experience in pragmatic architecture, using just enough to get the job done.
Desirable experience of:
· Successfully delivering performant, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments
· Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
· JAX-RS for REST APIs
· Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
· Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
· Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
· JIRA / Confluence
· IBM ODM Rules development
What we'll offer you:
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve? Do you want to build your personal brand through blogging, contributing to Open source and public speaking ?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what's in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world's largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Please apply now for immediate consideration!
Apply for Java Developer / Java Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.