House Keeping / Portering
We are recruiting for a temporary housekeeper / Porter for our client based in Uxbridge. This will be working on-site, 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Aims and Objectives of the Post
To carry out the housekeeping, portering and legionella duties associated with the residential accommodation in order to ensure standards and customer expectations are met and maintained, working in accordance with University and Departmental policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake flushing and record legionella checks throughout Residential buildings.
- Undertake any portering tasks, e.g. moving of furniture, boxes, belongings, delivery of chemicals and supplies.
- Ability to drive an electric golf buggy subject to training and assessment of ability.
- Carrying out the cleaning of designated areas in residences to the standards and time specified in order to meet the needs of customer (students, conference delegates, visitors)
- To carry out all duties using the equipment (including powered equipment) and materials supplied by the University, as instructed to do so.
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure a safe working environment.
- To visually check fire equipment and report any defects/damage to the Domestic Supervisor for further action.
- To report any accidents/incidents to the Domestic Supervisor immediately.
- To wear the uniform and protective clothing provided at all times while at work.
- To report any defects in the fabric of the building or in furniture and equipment, to the Domestic Supervisor for further action.
- To report any breaches of Residences Regulations to the Domestic Supervisor for further action.
- To report any suspected or unexpected departures to the Domestic Supervisor immediately.
- To observe and follow key responsibility and security procedures, wearing keys on key chains at all times.
- To ensure all appropriate doors are locked once cleaning has taken place.
- To participate in both on and off the job training, as and when required.
- To work additional hours, including weekend work, as and when required.
- To cover for other staff and transfer to other areas within residences, as and when required.
Additional Responsibilities Application to the Post Holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
- Adhere and comply to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and in accordance to the University's policy on Health and Safety.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Rules and Regulations encompassing equal opportunities.
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental Policies, Procedures and Codes of Conduct.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please send me a copy of your CV.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for House Keeping / Portering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.