Lead Analyst (Accounting)
JOB TITLE - LEAD ANALYST (ACCOUNTING)
LOCATION - LIVERPOOL (CURRENTLY REMOTE WORKING)
DURATION - 6 MONTHS
Supports a standard legal entity, line of business, country, region or accounting process, as assigned. Contributes to the completion of numerous activities from start to close, including consolidations and financial reporting of business outcomes to deliver useable, accurate and timely financial information for the desired period (monthly, quarterly or annually). May complete other assignments, as needed, including standard accounting activities.
- Assists with end to end accounting processes and research required to transform data into information for reporting purposes. Activities may include processing standard general ledger events and transactions, assisting with continuous improvement activities such as the identification and analysis of exceptions, providing support for audits and completing assigned tasks to support the maintenance of the control environment. May complete special project activities, as assigned.
- Contributes to the completion of journal entries. With guidance, performs reconciliations of general ledger accounts or other financial data. Identifies and escalates issues, as needed. May review journal entries and/or reconciliations completed by less experienced professionals.
- Participates in assignments across lines of business, legal entities and geographies that have an impact on internal reporting, accounting and accounting processes. Assignments may include contributing to the implementation of new or revised reporting, accounting and accounting process policies, procedures and reporting templates in order to provide effective financial planning, accounting and reporting of financial information.
- Contributes to the identification and reporting of risks, patterns or recurring issues.
- Contributes to the achievement of the assigned line of business, country, region or accounting process' objectives.
- Provides complex analytics and reporting services, working to improve and automate Client Processing systems.
- Manages moderate to complex external client issues.
- Directly advises other organisational units/teams to ensure timely delivery of service, or resolution of issue.
- Meets with organisational units/teams to ensure problems and issues are being addressed appropriately and that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Participates in product development, product enhancement, and system testing to ensure that products continue to accurately and efficiently process high value transactions.
- Solves complex problems based on an understanding and knowledge of the intricacies of the system.
- Integrates in-depth area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices to provide solutions to internal and external clients.
- Provides support to lower level client processing roles.
- May be responsible for allocating and checking work of other team members.
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review, training and approval actions.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Accounting concentration preferred.
- Aspirations to pursue a career in accounting within the financial services industry.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred; knowledge of GAAP and accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques preferred. Experience designing financial models and accounting processes preferred.
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision maker, responsible and accountable
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated and results focused
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
- Highly motivated, fast learning and proactive with an ability for problem solving
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be a permanent employee onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become a permanent employee of this fast-growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration.
Apply for Lead Analyst (Accounting)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.