Our Evesham based client who are renowned for providing high quality and innovative engineered products, are looking to recruit a Quality Manager to join their fantastic team! This role would suit someone who has knowledge of Quality Tools and is looking for a new and exciting opportunity.
This role will be heavily involved with customers and suppliers and you will ultimately the face of the company. Your role will also be involved with new product development through the business NPI process. You will work closely with internal departments such as Sourcing, Engineering and Sales to ensure all customer expectations are understood and achieved.
You will manage a small team of 3 to support these processes, as well as existing supplier quality management and the business Quality management system. Supplier Development is critical, and the Quality Manager will be expected to ensure suppliers are fully aware of the business expectations and are monitored effectively, this includes managing new parts onto site through the PPAP process.
The role has a global reach into overseas facilities in China and India, where they are working towards implementing a global quality management system and standardising their approach to quality.
The role will report into the Operations Manager and is expected to support many areas of the business, from Production through to sourcing strategy. The role is site based but some international travel will be required.
- Work with top level management to determine and implement long term quality assurance strategies that focus on reducing quality associated risks to the business and its customers.
- Work proactively with Supply Chain on all product and supplier sourcing projects. Ensure NPI products are validated to a level that is appropriate to the business and its customers' requirements.
- Representing the company in regards to quality from a customer facing perspective, including customer visits to ensure their expectations are accurately understood.
- Assist Operations in business wide continuous development of the QMS and maintain a quality system that meets the businesses objectives, global market strategy and customer expectations.
- Utilise and support development of quality related KPI's to measure and improve quality performance for customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Accountability for supplier quality, internal audit and Quality tools including NPI, PPAP, NCR and others including training and support to embed these within the business.
- Provide technical failure analysis support to the business.
- Assist the development of the company's global QMS in China and India with the standardisation of working practices and implementation of company quality standards.
- Co-ordinate with the company's SQE's to ensure that existing and new suppliers are developed, audited effectively, ensuring product conformity and on-time delivery.
- Provide leadership and development to the quality department team in the UK including line management.
- A Degree in a technical discipline or similar qualification would be advantageous
- Proven leadership of quality functions within the manufacturing industry including line management of a quality team.
- A strong knowledge in the manufacturing of steel fabrications, machining, primary & secondary manufacturing processes, testing and product qualification.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and experience of working closely with customers and suppliers on long term projects and new business opportunities.
- Strong technical reporting skills both internal and external of the business
- Ability to identify, implement and manage new and existing quality tools appropriate to the business and its suppliers including a developed understanding of continuous improvement activities.
- Experience with ISO management systems including 9001, 14001 and 45001. Lead auditor would be preferential and experience of implementation desirable.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including MS Excel
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, then please contact Gemma at Adecco today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.