interim Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
The Finance unit is part of broader centralised (Outward) Reinsurance team and is responsible for providing Strategic Business Finance support and analysis management and Leadership team.
As a Manager of Finance, you will be responsible for preparing and providing timely, accurate and relevant management information and financial analysis regarding transactions, as well as participating in various continuous improvement projects underway. You will work closely with global Underwriting and Operations team, Finance business partnering and Controlling teams, Actuaries, FIC, regulators, internal audit as well as external auditors, among others
DISCOVER your opportunity
Your responsibilities will include: -
Finance Reporting and analysis
* Lead Finance business partnering role for Americas business group within Insurance segment
* Support analysis and reporting on results for legal entity/regulatory reporting for Americas
* Coordinate gathering analysis at business group and segment level, analyse quality of responses and consolidate to give appropriately insightful narrative on the financial position and performance of reinsurance, along with forward looking thinking.
* Support development of CEO reporting packs
Planning and Forecasting
* Co-ordinate and support input of the annual budget (CWP, commission, allocations, losses, etc), working with Reinsurance placement team, Reinsurance Operations team, Business Partners, Actuaries and Finance.
* Provision of detailed quarterly forecast data and analysis
* Take an active lead in providing Systems support as part of the Planning & Forecasting cycle
* Other planning and re forecast deliverables as required
Finance close support
* Oversee the quarterly close process, for Americas business, to make sure all the material adjustments are included correctly in financials
* Support the consolidation of total outputs for both Insurance & Re-insurance segments
Management Reporting, Placement analysis and Project support
* Co-lead various Finance and reporting projects, requirements, including Financial, Operational and Regulatory requirements
* Work closely with Placement team, and provide pre placement and post placement analysis to support purchasing decisions
You will report to Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
* Professional Accountancy Qualification or equivalent
* Relevant experience gained working within P&C (re) insurance, is preferred.
* Strong understanding of reinsurance principles and the financial implications thereof
* Strong analytical skills, with an inquisitive attitude, with attention to detail.
* Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management / colleagues and confident to articulate your views and influence peers.
* Ability to "take a step back" i.e. to understand the results of their own work to ensure they make sense in a business sense and to ensure accuracy.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* A proactive, self-starter and self-motivator, adaptable in a fast-moving global environment.
* Ability to manage time, work to tight deadlines, prioritise and adapt to changing requirements and dealing with distractions
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for interim Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.