Legal Assistant - Graduate Opportunity
JOB TITLE: Legal Assistant - Graduate Opportunity
SALARY: £16,302 - £17,375 (Dependant on Experience)
HOURS: Monday to Friday 37.5 hrs, 9-5.30 or 8.30-5.00
BENEFITS: Excellent working environment, 28 days holiday, central location
THE COMPANY: Our client is a local firm of solicitors with an excellent reputation who really invest in their staff and believe in training them to reach their full potential
A fantastic opportunity for a Graduate to kick start their career within law. Our client is offering the opportunity to join their team within Wills and Probate and to provide production support to front line solicitors. Full and comprehensive training will be given so no previous experience necessary .Financial support is available, for those who merit it, through post graduate examinations (ILEX/GDL/LPC) and a training contract (if appropriate), to legal professional qualification, subject to performance and suitable demonstration of industrious commitment, over a 24 month period.
- To work with the line manager and to assist the line manager to achieve his or her required level of organisation and or prioritisation of the days work
- Type all letters, documents, correspondence, standard forms and miscellaneous text ("documents") either from audio or copy typing as required
- Proof read documents to minimise errors
- Maintain organised and tidy files and filing cabinets
- Maintain organised computer files of documents
- Liaise with clients and third parties such as other firms of solicitors both in person and on the telephone
- Take full and accurate messages relating to any matter being handled by any member of the department
- Maintain an organised diary system for the line manager
- Maintain a full awareness of line managers appointments and movements and to communicate such facts to all members of staff, particularly when the line manager is absent or is away from his / her desk (where confidentiality permits).
- Liaise with other members of staff regarding the receipt of monies and the payment of disbursements as and when appropriate
- View, obtain, and interpret prints from the firms computerised accounts system to assist with file costing and the payment of disbursements, as required and drafting bills.
- Act as a witness on the signature of documents, as required
- Provide holiday cover for other departmental assistants, as required
- Assist fee earners in the creation of new precedent letters and documents and updating of existing precedents documents so as to ensure maximum efficiency
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will have a good academic record, a rounded skill set and plenty of real-life experiences of the workplace. We are open to considering those with non-law degrees as well as those with law degrees or candidates that have completed further education and have some office experience. You must be self motivated, committed and eager to learn all aspects of the role.
Candidates must have a passion for the law and be able to demonstrate a settled intention of pursuing a career as a solicitor and the determination and capacity to undertake distance learning whilst, at the same time, maintaining and developing a full time job.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, call our office on 01392 426200 or email email@example.com
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Legal Assistant - Graduate Opportunity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.