Cyber Security Threat Modeller
Cyber Security Threat Modeller
3 months+ (12 months minimum)
£600 per day
- Responsible for the design of technical monitoring controls to detect sophisticated cyber attacks and advanced adversarial techniques
- Execute the end to end Threat Modelling Service for I&IR.
- Input to the cyber threat management strategy by recommending remediation actions for longer term risk reduction.
- Employ threat intelligence analysis to anticipate, identify and prioritise threats.
- Drive and execute a programme of deliverables to define robust logging and monitoring controls to detect threat activity in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice across all teams in I&IR and across the Chief Resilience & Security Office.
- Develop SLA's to assure the highest levels of performance ensuring agility to adapt to the changing threat landscape and technologies.
- Shape, build and implement related processes and procedures for effective threat modelling capability.
- Provide consultancy on the mapping of threats, controls and procedures against audit points and facilitate timely completion of agreed corrective actions.
- Plan and maintain own routine tasks to fit anticipated support requirements (and others where appropriate) with overall priorities assigned by the Senior Manager
- Coach and support team members in personal development.
- Support Senior Manager in colleague development across the team
- Manage and influence a diverse group of cross-divisional stakeholders as required to deliver the Threat Modelling service.
- Engage with and provide consultation at Head of Function level.
- Act as an SME on threat intelligence sources, emerging and existing threats.
- Support the culture of continuous improvement through generating and developing new or improved ways of working.
- Minimum 3 year's experience in Cyber Security with at least 1 year experience specifically in Threat Intelligence and Threat Modelling.
- Excellent understanding of Cyber Security industry related best practice, including technical understanding of recent high-profile cyber attacks.
- Ability to communicate complex threat/intelligence findings to influence a diverse group of stakeholders and build confidence, using language appropriate to the audience.
- Strong diagnostic skills and able to apply a high level of intuition, curiosity and imagination in decision-making
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of advanced cyber attack techniques
- Possess strong log analysis skills and knowledge of SIEM technologies
- Able to define robust technical monitoring controls
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of high-profile vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of threat detection techniques and tools
- Understanding of Information Security principles
- Understanding of network protocols and authentication systems
- Familiarity with intelligence handling approaches
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to draw on a range of analytical methods.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Cyber Security Threat Modeller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.