Mid-Level Data Engineer
Job Description: Data Engineer
(£40,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, discretionary bonus plus enhanced benefits - including unlimited paid annual leave, discounted gym membership and more)
Joining our growing analytics and data science team, the ideal candidate would be an experienced Data Engineer with strong SQL and Python skills and previous experience working with APIs as well as designing and maintaining ETL pipelines that gather and transform data from different sources.
You will have great potential for personal and career development and will learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and an internationally diverse team of colleagues. This is an exciting journey to be on with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London's Tech City.
- This is a team-based role, where the project work is varied and shared amongst other engineers so you will not just be focused on one part of the process. Being able to see the big picture and work collaboratively is critical.
- Working with a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers amongst other stakeholders to identify and implement best solutions for the analytical needs of a project
- Contributing to architectural designs, engaging in technical discussions and presenting solutions to product challenges
- Work with our technical partners and suppliers to ensure their technology is implemented for our internal requirements and for our client projects
- Work with our internal operations team to ensure a robust business intelligence architecture is in place across all sections of the business
- Heavily involved in the building and development of the architecture and engineering process of projects including building API's as well as other scripts to set up and automate engineering pipelines and solutions
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimising our products and services into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with the commercial and sales teams, supporting client meetings, pitches and add value to client proposals, new business strategy and company case studies.
Experience and Skills
- Advanced SQL knowledge as well as familiarity with different SQL dialects (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Advanced Python programming
- Proven experience of the creation of ETL pipelines/processed to ingest data from an API
- Commercial experience of using Docker
- Experience in database design (table schemas, indexes, primary/foreign keys, updating logic, data purging logic etc)
- Experience with cloud computing (preferably AWS)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Commercial experience of using Airflow
- Understanding of broader cloud computing, especially AWS (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift, micro-services and serverless architecture, IAM authentication and policy management)
- Understanding of network infrastructure and strong aptitude for using Linux
- Understanding of DevOps principles and methodologies
- Additional programming language knowledge such as R, Bash and JS
For more details and a full JD Please visit our website profusion.com
Due to the nature of some of our clients, the successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance, which for this role is SC Level
To enable meaningful checks to be carried out, you will need to have lived in the UK for a sufficient period of time. To undergo an SC Level vetting process, you must normally have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the last 5 years.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: (Closing date for applications is the 16th of May)
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Mid-Level Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.