Senior Quantity Surveyor
OA Executive is pleased to have partnered with an industry leading energy efficiency installation company looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Ealing. This role is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing company in a growing sector in a team that really looks after their staff!
They offer EXCELLENT benefits which include generous annual leave (32 days!), pension, and an incredibly social and dynamic team.
You will need to control financial aspects of the contract including:
- Supporting the Area Manager and Operations Director to ensure current processes and procedures are implemented and actioned and liaising with Commercial Team on all aspects of the project
- Assist the Commercial and Operational team on legal and financial aspects to reduce exposure to risk
- Audit the contract documents and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Area Manager and Ops Manager
- Produce an accurate cash flow forecast based on the project programme and update as work proceeds
- Produce a detailed cost plan / buying schedule for each project and liaise with the Procurement Manager
- Prepare a detailed preliminaries expenditure schedule for discussion and agreement
- Identify the most appropriate work packages and sub-contractors and agree same with Contract and Site Management
- Ensure subcontract orders are placed in line with projects financial targets, the programme and/or procurement schedule and ensure adequate quotations are available for comparison giving due regard to value and programme
- Ensure a comprehensive analysis is undertaken on all quotations to take into account omissions and qualifications
- Liaise with procurement manager to ensure that all sub-contactors appointed to the works have been assessed
- Produce and issue valuations in accordance with the contract documents, including cost valuation reconciliation to the Accounts Manager as per the current payment calendars
- Produce and maintain an ongoing Draft Final Account and submit the same with each valuation to ensure the Client is kept fully informed of their obligations.
- Identify and properly value all variations to the contract and seek to pre-cost and agree same with Client or their representative wherever possible.
- Comprehensively assess sub-contractors accounts and produce subcontract payment certificates
- Issue Withholding Notices in good time against applications or invoices
- Agree Sub-contractor accounts as early as possible
- Ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being released
- Report to the Area Manager and Operations Manager on financial and operational issues and as appropriate
- Minimum HNC in a construction related discipline
- QS degree or equivalent
- Membership of RICS and/or CIOB
- Experience as a main contractors Quantity Surveyor running the financial aspect of social housing construction projects
- Experience of frameworks and social housing projects
If you think this is you and would like to be considered, please submit your CV immediately and lets talk!
Advertised by OA Executive. Please note that due to a high volume of response OA receive; only successful candidates will be contacted for the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.