Full Stack Developer
Job Description: Full Stack Developer
(Competitive Salary, bonus, enhanced benefits - including discounted gym membership and more)
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as a Full Stack Developer working across the commercial business. This role is central to the organisation, driving delivery of our growth objectives. Reporting to the CTO, you will join a strong in-house development team and will be an instrumental part of the delivery of projects to our clients.
You will have great potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and an internationally diverse team of colleagues while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London's Tech City.
- This is a team-based role, based in London, where the project work is varied and shared amongst other developers so you will not just be focused on one part of the process, so being able to see the big picture and work collaboratively is critical.
- Lead the entire web development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues. Coordinate with co-developers and keeps PM well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Deployment of projects and supporting the Dev-ops process to deploy projects on different environments
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a candidate with excellent in-depth, practical hands-on commercial experience in Web Development, who has attained a graduate degree in computing, or relevant industry experience.
The primary responsibility will be building a prototype using Django/Jinja/Flask framework and templates, including front-end components. You will work with the Product, UX team, QA team and others to plan, design, develop, execute, and report on UI development activities.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with AWS Serverless lambda functions deployed with serverless.js
- Strong experience writing documentation and building unit tests
- The ability to work independently on a new tool according to detailed specification and design
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools, working in a Scrum Agile environment
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience on large-scale projects involving complex datasets
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a calm and effective way
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and support client meetings
Due to the nature of some of our clients, the successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance, which for this role is SC Level
To enable meaningful checks to be carried out, you will need to have lived in the UK for a sufficient period of time. To undergo an SC Level vetting process, you must normally have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the last 5 years.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in software development and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: (Closing date for applications is Sunday the 18th of April)
Please note that the role is based in London and there will be a need to have regular days in the office, with some flexibility for home working.
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Full Stack Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.