Senior Test Engineer - Preston
My client is a globally recognized name within the software testing world - due to large scale growth they are looking to recruit a Senior Test Engineer to be based in their Preston HQ.
As a Senior Test Engineer at you will work as part of the delivery team and be responsible for the planning, development, execution and management of automated testing activities.
A key element of the role is understanding client needs and delivering high quality test engineering solutions that meet the needs of key clients. As a Senior Test Engineer, you will work as part of the test engineering team responsible for developing key test engineering approaches and recommend and implement improvements to test automation frameworks.
About the Role
* Contribute to pre-sales activities and technical discovery to understand client problems and develop and present client proposals
* Design, build, implement and maintain test automation frameworks in-line with specific client delivery requirements
* Design test cases and formulate test scenarios based on requirements and produce automated test scripts to provide the appropriate level of test coverage
* Develop tools to assist manual and exploratory testing
* Liaise with clients to formulate test documents
* Stakeholder management as part of a team delivering automated testing solutions
* Provide updates to account managers and leadership team on client delivery
* Champion knowledge sharing and collaboration within the team
* Support and mentor of junior members of the test engineering team
* Share knowledge and contribute externally to user groups and communities
* Maintain awareness of emerging technology and trends
* Any other duties deemed necessary by the company
Key Skills required
* Demonstrable aptitude for problem solving
* Experience using and integrating automated solutions with test management tools for planning, execution and reporting (e.g. JIRA, Azure DevOps, TestRail)
* Testing and quality expertise including structured test techniques to derive appropriate test coverage and drive efficiency in test
* Knowledge and experience of working in various development methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/Hybrid)
* Excellent object-oriented programming skills (Java or C#)
* Advanced coding ability to support the creation and maintenance of BDD automation frameworks
* Demonstrated experience of building complex automated regression packs covering both API and GUI
* Experience working in a CI/CD environment
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Senior Test Engineer - Preston
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.