Materials Controller (Procurement)
Adecco Newcastle are delighted to support their electronic client in their search for a Materials Controller.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with experience of materials control and management, ideally in Electronics/Mechanical engineering, to join a multiple award winning engineering business that is growing quickly and can provide excellent career prospects.
The Materials Controller will be responsible expediting materials, procuring project materials and support the running of the supply chain team and help build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
· Assist with the purchase of materials for project requirements using MRP and via purchase requisitions
· Review all order confirmations and query any anomalies
· Ensure all invoice queries are corrected and continually work to reduce them
· Expedite goods and manage material flow of all components
· Coordinate supplier deliveries, UK and overseas
· Coordinate all free issue and sub-contractor orders
· Communicate delivery dates with project and production teams
· Support kitting processes ensuring all components are kitted and issued to works orders in line with production requirements
· Manage inventory performing stock counts as and when required
· Manage all supplier returns
· Manage all call off orders where applicable
· Support cost down activities
· Support request for quotation reviews
· Assist with the housekeeping of the ERP system by ensuring prices, delivery dates and lead times are kept up to date
· 2-3 years of materials control experience
· Minimum 2 years buying experience
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Understanding of MRP systems
· Sage experience preferred but not essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Willing to be flexible and adapt to the business' changing needs, taking on different responsibilities if necessary
· Well organised and able to work unsupervised
· Ability to manage own workload
Should you be looking for a new role, or suddenly found yourself redundant - please apply today and Adecco Newcastle will be in contact to discuss your application.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Materials Controller (Procurement)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.