Cloud Engineer (Surveillance)
Duration - 6 Months
Rate - £PD (inside ir35)
My financial services client is looking to grow its team of talented Engineers in order to migrate from a legacy platform to a new Containers as a Service Kubernetes cluster running on our private cloud.
The legacy platform is written solely in Python and runs on traditional servers. The new platform is a Microservices architecture mainly written in Java Spring Boot. The models remain in Python, but are owned a separate Quant Research team. Each Microservice is containerised and runs on the private cloud where services are scaled according to workload. Deployment is via a CI/CD pipeline.
To work as part of a team which will:
* Migrate and re-write code which ultimately yields the result of market abuse scenarios running on the new platform
* Identify, design and implement technical solutions as part of the ongoing platform engineering, including scaling, efficiency and performance tuning
* Contribute to technical design discussions to ensure optimal solutions are achieved
* Work closely with BAs and Quants to ensure requirements are clearly defined, tickets meet DoR and DoD criteria
* Testing to meet the highest standards to ensure accurate results are achieved on the new platform
* Follow the code engineering, code management and deployment processes of the team
* Exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well-defined parameters.
* Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are complex and often non-routine.
* Understand business & lab priorities and conduct personal work and time management accordingly
* Work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative
* Strong knowledge of end-to-end SDLC
* Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Cloud Engineer (Surveillance)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.