Working Hours: Full Time
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are looking for a procurement specialist to join a small team and lead the procurement function and also identify areas for process improvement and cost savings for the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead a comprehensive review of all direct and indirect spend then develop an action plan to reduce costs, maintain / improve delivery and quality, plus maintain excellent service levels from the supply chain.
- Be active in the supply chain to build relationships, manage performance, assess capabilities and capacity, conduct audits and other development activities.
- Review current processes, controls and governance of all procurement and stock control activities and look for improvement opportunities, including warehousing consolidation, cycle counting and MRP implementation.
- Improve commercial awareness and develop a culture of "doing deals" to deliver best value procurement.
- Maintain and optimise raw and finished good stocks, including accurate cycle counts and supporting year-end audit.
- Take ownership of standard costs and ensure that the system is 100% accurate.
- Measure and report PPV (purchase price variance) with clear actions to address any variances.
- Review, negotiate and manage LTA's (Long Term Agreements) for all critical long lead-time raw materials and parts sourced globally (such as machine parts, plastic moulding, packaging and solvents), to ensure continuity of supply and suitable UK stock levels to support changing demand.
- Lead supplier management and performance, implement supplier scorecards and other tools to communicate and control / improve their performance.
- Work closely with finance to ensure that all spend needs and controls are in place.
- Lead and own all key supplier relationships, build strong professional relationships to ensure that compliance, honesty and trust is developed and maintained at all times.
- Ensure best value procurement with proper purchase order placement and terms & conditions in place to support all procurement activities.
- Review and negotiate improved payment terms.
- Ensure that mandatory import and export requirements are understood with current compliance processes in place.
- Implement and deliver Supply Scorecards to improve key supplier performance.
Candidates must have:
- Strong commercial and technical background with a good understanding of most engineering and manufacturing methods, techniques and processes.
- Comprehensive procurement experience gained from working within technical manufacturing SME companies serving different industries.
- A confident communicator, negotiator and great relationship builder.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) and other relevant qualifications.
- Built a successful career in procurement that shows both development and progression.
- Expertise in defining and implementing new procedures, processes and system upgrades including MRP.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.