An excellent opportunity for individuals with experience of environmental operational excellence within a manufacturing environment who want to join a manufacturing leader focussed on making the best product in a truly sustainable way,who supply their products globally based at a modern facility in Derrylin, Northern Ireland.
Qualities we look for;
- Environmental Management experience
- Experience, coaching and influencing others
- Experience of continuous improvement strategies and methodologies
- A degree in a relevant discipline is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Environmental Permitting Regulations and permit conditions.
- IEMA Diploma in Environmental Management
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Environment management systems & Auditing.
- Understanding of the fundamental requirements of the waste hierarchy
- Experience with waste and associated activities across a facility, business area
- Working in environmental management preferably in the MANUFACTURING industry or other high risk industry.
- Ability to educate and train others on Environmental matters
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions.
- To have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Possess strong motivational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
Apply now, to be considered.
- Manage Operational permits and consents necessary to satisfy existing and proposed future legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the environmental management system to the BS.EN.ISO 14001 2015 standard.
- Carry out Audits of ISO systems and follow up corrective actions
- Provide Project Input on Environmental compliance and planning. advise on necessary interactions with stakeholders, including regulators
- Ensure the register of Environmental Aspects & Risk Opportunities , and Legal Compliance is kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate the regulatory meetings with the Environment Agency (EA) or Local Authority to discuss environmental compliance .
- Track progress of environmental deliverables and report monthly to the Health Safety& Environment Manager.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment
- Train staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Write environmental reports
- Set organisational sustainability targets, developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development, working with Sustainability Champions to develop values and performance KPIs to satisfy company Stakeholders
- Competent in Carbon Emissions Reporting for EUETS phase 4 & familiarity with Climate Change Agreements
- Lead & Manage operational EPR permits ensuring full compliance and notifications
- Periodic attendance on British Glass Env & Energy Committee , engage with stakeholders .
- To carry out Duty of Care and internal process audits to ensure waste, process management compliance to satisfy ISO 14001 continual improvement.
- Oversee pollution control programs and develop waste treatment and recycling procedures.
- Develop budget and timelines for environmental operations and develop cost reduction initiatives
What we offer: A challenging opportunity to work with a market leader and join them in shaping a more sustainable industry for the future.
Compensation: your performance counts and it is attractively rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus scheme
Benefits: You will get an attractive benefits package, which includes
- Health Insurance
- Accident Insurance.
- Pension Plan
- Continuous training development.
- Green Travel Plan
- Company Bonus
- Employee Wellbeing
- Social Club
- Talent Development
- Enhance Reward Platform access to lots of other exciting benefits
- The job vacancy is based at our modern facility in Elton, Cheshire, UK.
What's in it for you
Work with a market leader, offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Make your impact, join us in influencing the industry, advancing standards and sustainability; your decisions can change the way we work and how we improve.
Teamwork is key, we can support you in an environment that encourages teams to enjoy their work together
Innovation in our industry is paramount to our success, we provide incredible technologies to enable you to impact industry leading changes.
"We can never overestimate the value of our employees. They are the lifeblood of everything we do and stand for, working tirelessly to ensure that all processes are followed to produce the best container glass in the world. Sharing commitment, effort and talent, our diverse culture is what makes the difference."