In this role you will support the teams design, development, production & maintenance of mounts, installations and apparatus.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the post is responsible for the development, production and maintenance of specialist mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems along with production and installation of large scale specimen mounts.
Working to schedules and procedures agreed with the Team Manager assume responsibility for the following:
* Development, production, delivery and maintenance of mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic components within the Museum's Exhibitions
* Monitor stock levels and order equipment and materials as required
* Ensure Health and Safety is a key component of planning and delivery
* Provision of supporting documentation for the above systems, processes and activities
* Completed a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship with C&G accreditation or equivalent experience. GCSE or equivalent: English, Maths and a science subject
* Demonstrable experience in the setting and operation of lathes and milling machines to fine tolerances
* Experience in the production and or interpretation of engineering drawings
* Experience in bench fitting
* Experience in the use of general workshop equipment including pillar drills, grinders, polishers, bending machines
* Experience in the application of a variety of materials in criteria 2,3 and 4 for example nylons, plastics, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium, brass
* Significant experience in gas, arc and TIG welding
* Working knowledge of H&S practices and procedures and the production of associated documentation
* Ability to work in a wide range of conditions and environments performing tasks with the manual dexterity relevant to the job description. For example, working at heights and working in a building site environment
* Experience in the following areas is considered desirable, but not essential: Use of CAD packages; electro-mechanical devices and control systems
Spring Engineering Solutions (a trading name of Roevin Management Services Limited) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Spring Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring Engineering Solutions. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Engineering Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.