Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Adecco are currently recruiting a Facilities & Maintenance Manager to work with our well known client based in Glasgow on a contract basis, contract will be initially 3 month with potential to be extended and also go permanent.
Mon - Fri Business hours
Purpose of Job:
Working within the Operations department, the Facilities and Maintenance Manager will oversee the day to day and event mode operation. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing a department of 5 and all contractors required to ensure the building operates safely, securely and in line with legislation, guidance and best practise.
The F&M Manager will be expected to review the current operation, and where required manage change to ensure the building and the Maintenance department operate at the best possible standard.
* Manage and co-ordinate the multi - disciplinary Maintenance team.
* Manage emergency calls for the Maintenance Team from external agencies, contractors and event Promoters as required.
* Identify areas for improvement, develop maintenance schedules and delegates task for the Maintenance Team.
* Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are implemented and complied with.
* Deputise for the Safety & Operations Manager in their absence.
* Ensure that all staff are briefed and inducted on RAMS, Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, including conducting toolbox talks.
* Carry out audits and spot checks to confirm service delivery by both direct employees and subcontractors is of the required quality.
* Ensure all employees have the correct resources to undertake their roles e.g. training, PPE, tools, etc.
* Make sure every team member has clear responsibilities and objectives.
* Provide regular performance feedback to the Maintenance depts, through one to one meetings.
* Conduct at least annual performance and development reviews with Maintenance Team members.
* Agree personal development plans with all employees as part of the annual review.
* Address any employee issues and concerns in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all procurement and commercial policies are adhered to.
* Instigate Standard Operating Procedures and Method Statements for the Maintenance Dept.
* Complete Risk Assessments for all activities undertaken by the Maintenance Team.
* Manage the cleaning and waste management contractors who provide services to the stadium.
* Manage the stadiums waste, in an effort to reduce residual waste.
* Ensure all legislative requirements and best practises regimes are adhered to
* Programme and manage the Planned Preventative Maintenance Regime for all plant, equipment and associated systems in compliance with statutory and best practise requirements in a cost effective manner.
* Ensure electrical and mechanical equipment is adequately and safely maintained
Manage the stadium's maintenance records and infrastructure certification for inspection by the regulatory authorities
- Maintain and update technical, operational and statutory libraries, CDM Health and Safety Files, Building O&M manuals and product libraries and supporting databases to ensure information held is current, accurate and is readily available.
- Manage the Contractor Management Procedures (including Permit to Work system) to ensure all contractors operate safely.
- Be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the Life Safety Systems within the building
- Manage the build and break of infrastructure for major events.
- Be responsible for the Building Management System and other Facilities and Maintenance IT packages.
- Responsibility for the safe operation and efficient maintenance of both High Voltage & Low Voltage electrical services network, developing and operating and an annual programme of works to ensure compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Ensure that the targeting of energy reduction and sustainability is a component of all relevant duties. Determine and recommend energy saving initiatives.
- Instigate a goods in and stock control procedure for all items purchased by the Facilities Maintenance department.
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, power, lighting, heating, and cooling, are well maintained
- Check electrical and mechanical equipment is adequately and safely maintained
- To promote equality, diversity & inclusion and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Interviews being held immediately. Please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.