***FullStack Developer - Contract - Edinburgh***
3 Months Rolling
£Competitive pwd Umbrella Company
Tech Stack: React.js, Node.js, Kubernetes, Docker Jenkins
Our client has been serving the households, businesses and communities of Britain for over 250 years. They offer a comprehensive range of financial products and services - including current accounts, savings, mortgages, loans and credit cards.
You'll be joining us in a key Software Engineering role within Retirements Lab Engineering Team, working on building an internal application used by colleagues to inform customers of their pensions options, servicing over 300 different pensions products.
A considerable part of the role will be working alongside other engineers within the feature team, embracing agile methodology and working collaboratively.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Developing RESTful microservices using Node.js and integrating with a number of other internal applications
- Building and testing of a React front end
- Ensuring good testing practice and automating with the pipeline
- Deploying containers and running them in Kubernetes
Essential Skills and Experience
You'll need to be comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team, engaging with Product owners, fellow engineers, and scrum masters:
- Good knowledge of Docker and Jenkins CI pipelines.
- Understand containerisation and Kubernetes, preferably also having knowledge of Helm.
- Comfortable undertaking development of both RESTful microservices and UI and have good understanding of best testing practices.
- Knowledge of the financial services and preferably understanding of pensions and pension products/features.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for FullStack Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.