Heath and safety Officer
The main responsibilities of the role are two-fold and include: Ensure the Health and Safety of employees, visitors and Contractors To manage Environmental aspects and minimize their impacts.
1. Tasks and Responsibilities
To identify significant hazards and environmental impacts associated with the business and develop solutions to ensure all risks are tolerable and environmental aspects are minimised. Introduce a structured approach to HS&E management and communication that helped to raise its profile within the business.Mentor the management team and key personnel when requireds to help increase their safety sensitivity and understanding. Engage the minds of all employees to put Health and Safety first and develop their safety sensitivity so they understand fully what is safe. Developed pro-active HSE committees to continually focus on driving down the number of injuries on site and minimizing the environmental impact. Introduced an integrated HSE Management System in line with ISO14001 to create a programme of continual improvement and achieve ongoing legal compliance. Raise the awareness and profile of HS&E in the plant via training and by placing Health and Safety first on all agendas and without exception. Create a team ethic to HS&E, ensuring all injuries (regardless of severity) and incidents are reported, and suitable corrective measures put in place. Implemented energy reduction auditing and initiatives to reduce Carbon footprint.
The ideal candidate will have the
- Ability to build and sustain good relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communicator - both verbally and in writing.
- Be self-motivating and able to work with minimum supervision when required
- Well organised, good time management. Able to meet deadlines
- Good leadership and stakeholder influencing skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills (good familiarity with MS packages, able to use ERP systems)
- Appropriate knowledge of relevant Safety and Environmental regulations and procedures
This position offers Long-term career progression opportunities.
- Interesting and challenging opportunities in a leading multinational company.
- Continuous personal development, through the Excellence training programmes.
Please apply now if you have an interest in the is role and I will contact you to progress your application.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Heath and safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.