We are excited to be looking for a Recruitment Consultant to join our team in Adecco Sheffield. A rare opportunity has become available to join our successful team as a Temps Recruitment Consultant. No previous recruitment experience is required: full training will be provided, and personality is key!
What does a Recruitment Consultant do?
- Active Business Development, prospecting new clients in Sheffield and other South Yorkshire locations. You'll need to be fearless as you'll be contacting businesses to qualify if they would need our services, before prospecting them through to conversion. This could be achieved through telephone calls, sending over marketing information plus door knocking with merchandise. Sometimes you'll be lucky and it won't take much time at all to build the relationship, sometimes it can be a slower burn - but always worth it when it pays off and you receive a temporary booking to work on.
- Negotiating fees and T&Cs for temporary bookings (we'll give you lots of training and you'll never be in the deep end!).
- Servicing your clients by searching for candidates to submit to your live temporary bookings. We post job adverts across the major job searching websites, plus have access to our inhouse CV searching Database.
- Conducting candidate registrations and all compliance associated with this; you'll interview each candidate and assist them with completing their Contract of Employment documentation. In addition, you will be checking their Right to Work in the UK and gaining references from their previous employers. This part of the role is very administrative heavy - so you need to be meticulous and speedy!
- Using our CRM to input client information and our ATS to record all activity against live temporary bookings. Once you have placed a candidate into a temporary booking there is again a bit of Administration required to set the candidate up on the system and the client set up as a customer. You'll get speedier with time, but you'll need to be able to manage your admin duties alongside achieving your sales activity. Great time management is key to be able to prioritise your workload
- Account Management for existing business; checking in on your temps during their assignment and conducting service reviews with line managers
Who are we looking for?
- Experience is not key for us, it's all about the person! Ideally the successful applicant would be able to demonstrate experience of working within a role where they are selling a product or a service - but this is not essential for the right person if you have the ability to hit the ground running.
- The number one trait to be successful in recruitment is resilience and perseverance: in recruitment you face extreme highs but also extreme lows. There are times where you may have made a mistake - but that's fine, you learn for next time - but there are mostly times where the lows are outside of your control. Everyone in our team knows exactly how this feels, so we're here to support you - but the ability to pick yourself up and believe in yourself is key.
- This role is extremely people orientated; client is key, but we have a duty of care towards our workers as they're our employees. We're looking for someone who thrives off talking to other people and genuinely cares for others.
- You'll need to have pace and tenacity - as you might have seen, there's a lot of components to temporary recruitment so you'll need a lot of energy to keep up with the pace!
- Working as a temporary consultant requires a mathematical ability because you'll be calculating temporary rates, weekly revenues and profit margins. We will provide full training, so you do not need to be a maths genius, however this probably wouldn't suit someone petrified of numbers!
- Most importantly, we're looking for a hard worker and strong team player who would never refuse to do something because it's not part of their job description!
Working hours are Monday-Friday at 8.30am-5pm (may be negotiable) with 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
If you are considering starting a career in Recruitment - or the above has caught your eye - click apply! Likewise, if you're already working within Recruitment please do not hesitate to reach out for a confidential chat!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Recruitment Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.