Junior Naval Architect
Adecco are delighted to be assisting our prestigious, market leading client with their search for a Junior Naval Architect.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified (or equiv) Naval Architect to join a luxury boat builder based in Dorset.
The purpose of this position is focused on 3-D modelling and draughting of a range of composite parts including for hulls, deck, superstructures and smaller mouldings.
- Producing detailed drawings using NX-3D software or AutoCAD 2-D.
- Modelling composite structures to include hulls, deck, superstructures and smaller 1st fit mouldings including Noise and Fire insulation, soles and bulkheads.
- Structural design of all composite mouldings to meet Classification and weight/finish. Design must also work in harmony with interior design, machinery, systems and exterior fit-out.
- Producing weight estimates, bill of materials and costings ensuring this is kept within budgets.
- Lightship checks for vessels on the water.
- Support boat performance trials with the Test Team and conduct noise measurements on finished boats.
- Undertake inclining experiments and producing both intact and damage stability booklets to either C.E or Large Yacht Code may be required on occasion.
- Engineering change requests and QIP's are to be followed up and resolved in a timely manner.
- Visiting production sites.
The ideal candidate will have a Naval Architecture (or equivalent) degree and will have practical experience with a boat building environment. They will be able to display strong experience with NX-3D software or AutoCAD 2-D and will have exception communication skills. Knowledge of composite materials would be an advantage.
For more information on this role please apply here or contact Adecco on 01202 202810
Adecco are an equal opportunities employer and are acting as a recruitment agency
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.