Food Technologist - Must have experience
We are recruiting for this role during this challenging time however our client is able to adhere to all policies related to Covid 19 to ensure the well-being of all their employees
I am currently recruiting for a family run business for an experienced Food Technologist, you will work as part of a small team based in Leicester reporting into the QA Manager, this client isn't on a bus route so you will need your own transport, you will work Monday to Friday 40 hours a week
As a key part of our technical team, this role will be involved in a variety of technical processes including product sample approval, product artwork approval, specification management and auditing of food safety systems and procedures.
To ensure that all food business has the necessary information and procedures in place to ensure that product integrity and customer satisfaction is maintained to the company's standards and in compliance with UK/EU statutory requirements.
You will ensure all food products including own brand meet the criteria for safe and legal food supply. The technologist would support all food areas including canned, dairy, free-from, chilled & bakery in our business and complete all technical requirements.
Your role is to support Technical Manager & Buying team in all matters of product quality, safety and legal requirements on new and existing products.
The ideal candidate will be involved in offering guidance and support to the buying/sourcing team.
As the Food Technologist your responsibilities will include:
- Advice buying team on Safety and Legal requirement for food products
- Responsible for QA sign off on all food products and artworks
- Ownership of product development processes, managing critical path for timely product launches
- Advice on improvements on existing products
- Develop and maintain supplier approval processes to ensure due diligence with regards to traceability, accreditations, specifications, HACCP etc.
- Keep up to date with industry advances, legislation and best practice. Ensure up to date knowledge and information across all functions is maintained
- Liaise with external laboratories, far east sourcing team and suppliers
- Dealing with any non-conformances including investigations of customer complaint, queries from external bodies, out of specification products & process and provide resolutions.
- Occasional travel to China
To be successful as a Food Technologist you must have:
- Commercial awareness, understanding the impact of their role in the launch of products and staying true to the company's brand
- Thorough knowledge and experience in UK/EU statutory food labelling requirements
- Experience of product development in a retail environment
- Experience of interacting with buyers in a trading environment
- Desire to improve or enhance products to drive customer satisfaction whilst being conscious of margins
- Experience of NPD processes and critical path timelines
- Great communicator, able to negotiate and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to convey technical detail in a clear and concise manner to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of food safety management systems, HACCP, foods testing requirements, specification systems and implementing food labelling regulations,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work with internal/external teams to provide workable solutions
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), IT ( including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and organisational skills
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline
Once successful as the Food Technologist you will receive free parking, 28 days holiday, pension and support from your Manager
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Food Technologist - Must have experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.