Lead Retail Associate
Lead Retail Associate
Hours: Full time
Who are we?
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in the UK, Amazon Fresh Stores is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our JWO Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We are incredibly proud of our selection too. We offer a mix of everyday essentials, local favourites and seasonal items we think you'll want and love, all at great prices. We're also excited to offer delicious ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat meals. Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
Who are you?
As a Lead Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritise tasks, willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities.
What You Do:
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies and model desired behaviour for the rest of the team.
- Provide ongoing training in areas including product knowledge, product quality training, and store operations, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
- Maintain a key to the store and open and close the store following the proper procedures.
- Support floor leader responsibilities including providing peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer issues where appropriate, training, deploying labour, and ensuring the team takes required breaks and lunches.
- Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
- Participate in associate onboarding and in associate interviews as required.
- Ensure consistent execution of inventory workflow processes, guiding associates as needed including receiving, stocking and replenishing product.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Utilise inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product.
- Be responsible for ensuring store and all surfaces are kept clean at all times.
- Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
- Work with a manager to maintain the physical safety and high quality standards of the store.
- Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work in a physical environment, which may include activities like lifting (up to 15.5 kg), standing, and reaching above your head, during your shift.
- 5 GCSE passes at grade C or higher
- Experience in a customer-facing environment
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing inventory in warehousing, retail or distribution setting
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience in providing on-the-spot feedback to peers
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Lead Retail Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.