ACADEMIC MANAGER - French Speaking
Full Time - Permanent
South-East London (Zone2)
£37,000 - £40,000
MUST SPEAK FLUENT FRENCH
My client is a French Business School specialised in Sport Management. They are expanding their current team and looking for an Academic Coordinator to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the academic management of our clients training programmes, being the primary academic point of contact for all the academic partners whilst supporting the director of campus in the development of the programmes. The candidate is responsible of all the issues related to the pedagogy, training, management of relations with lecturers, management of schedules, the respect of the curricula, as well as the implementation of action plans related to quality improvements.
- Support the Director of campus and the International department in the development of courses and administer the approval and validation processes where necessary.
DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Take an organisational lead on the reporting and documenting of student progress reports and assessments in liaison with the director and academic partners.
- Organise, plan, and maintain training schedules.
- Book and coordinate lecturers logistics and contracts.
- Prepare and report of weekly team meetings.
- Carry out day to day liaison with students.
- Project management of course production programmes.
- Management and overview of student attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain student records in appropriate database in line with data-protection policy and accreditation needs.
- Coordinate and regularly update all graduate records.
- Update student records to note progress against learning objectives.
- Maintain a database of tutors.
- Ensure that learning/teaching resources are securely stored and available.
- Respond to student enquiries.
- Centralise and give feedback on pedagogical issues.
- Assist with the training when appropriate.
- Manage class surveys and prepare action plans accordingly.
MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING OF LECTURERS
- Recruit, supervise and monitor a cohort of lecturers and industry professionals to deliver course material and course productions.
- Tutor the lecturers in the preparation and delivery of their classes.
- Set quality standards for practitioners, monitor, and evaluate accordingly.
- Track, formalise and analyse student feedback.
- Control the content in relation to the curricula.
- Control grades and feedback on assessments
- Ensure effective and appropriate contractual agreements are in place with all lecturers in order to protect the best interests of the school and its students.
- Control of invoices regarding hours completed.
- Prepare and coordinate work between practitioners.
- Develop learning plans for each student with clear learning and training goals in line with the academic objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate student achievement against learning outcomes and relay all outcomes to academic partners.
- Work closely and collaboratively with lecturers to ensure students are meeting/exceeding their learning goals.
- Be the first point of contact for all academic partners.
- Communicate schedules to students.
- Participate in the recruitment process of students.
- Support the Director and the International department by communicating all essential information in relation to the students pedagogical programmes.
- Target-oriented and results driven.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Very organised
- Willingness to work as part of a small team and on one's own initiative.
- Leadership skills and experience
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles
- Planning skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
- 3 years' experience working in an academic role at Management level.
- Demonstrative rigour in reporting and administrative management
- Computer skills including ADOBE/OFFICE and editing software.
- Must be educated at degree-equivalent level preferably in the field of Education. Desirable at Master's level.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for ACADEMIC MANAGER - French Speaking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.